• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AtW
    replied
    So here is a very strange thing: infections doubled but Omicron cases supposedly make up a very small proportion of the increase???

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    93k cases today compared with 88k yesterday and ~80 the day before - 3 records in a row.

Rumblings of further restrictions but it seems so far, only in the devolved nations.
    Tonight is a meal out with my choir ~20 people. We sang together yesterday and we're in the NE with small-O so far so this will be my last activity of the year I think. Doctor's appointment tomorrow, booster on Monday can both go ahead regardless, and we're not going away for Xmas (and my wife had her booster a few weeks back) so it's not the end of the world.

I did hum and haw quite a lot and was a little surprised the events both went ahead without any people pulling out. Let's see where I am in a week!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    He must be one of those rare employers in the leisure industry that has plenty of people queuing up for jobs with him.
    plenty of employers still believe that, just look at Salt Bae paying peanuts.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    ""Omicron has replaced Delta as the dominant Covid strain in Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed at a lunchtime briefing. Last Friday, the highly transmissible new variant represented 15.5% of cases, whereas today it was 51.4%.

“The tsunami I warned about last week is starting to hit us”, she said."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...th-biden-warns

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    He must be one of those rare employers in the leisure industry that has plenty of people queuing up for jobs with him.

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It ends up back on the employer as she starts a new job in January. All it means she gets Christmas off and can talk to the media.
    good stuff with employers like that leaving is frequently the best career move!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Anyway, I’ll take a hit for the team and will be the CUK canary.

I’ll keep you posted.
    Well, I’m on the train to St Pancras and it’s rammed and while most have masked some don’t.

I’m wearing a FFP2 mask but I’m not confident at the moment. I’m going to be wary for the journey.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It depends on the company....

Best eaten on your lap flying a Tornado whilst admiring the view of the Aurora I hear

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

low grade employee screwed by scumbag employer shock.
    It ends up back on the employer as she starts a new job in January. All it means she gets Christmas off and can talk to the media.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X