• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official DOOM: Middle-classes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official DOOM: Middle-classes

"Middle-class drug users could lose UK passports under Boris Johnson’s plans

Campaigners say government going backwards by targeting ‘lifestyle’ users of class A drugs with tough criminal sanctions

Middle-class drug users are to be targeted as part of a 10-year strategy to be announced by Boris Johnson’s government with a heavy focus on war-on-drugs-era punishment.

So-called “lifestyle” users of class A drugs face losing their passports or driving licences under proposals designed to target wealthy professionals who the government will argue are driving exploitative practices with their demand.

Police officers will be handed powers to go through drug dealers’ phones and contact their clients with warnings about drug use in a bid to spook them into changing their behaviour."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...johnsons-plans

It only impacts the Middle class, so who cares?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Prohibition does not work but that does not change the fact that if you take illegal drugs then you are complicit in the misery the global drugs trade causes.

A fact that many Guardian readers would prefer to ignore whilst pointing the finger at failed government policies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
        if you take illegal drugs then you are complicit in the misery the global drugs trade causes.
        Those who grow their own weed are ok though?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Only if it is for personal use.

Comment

So I can't give any to my granny to help her rheumatism?

Comment

So now it's not ok to put out of work those drug dealers who are complicit in the misery of the global drugs trade causes (ie they import stuff)?

Buy British!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                So I can't sell a lot of it to my granny to help her rheumatism?
                FTFY

HTH

MarillionFan

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I grow my own weeds. If only one could smoke dried dandelions!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Prohibition does not work
                    In the sense that it doesn't totally stop usage, or in the sense it doesn't reduce usage? If you look at the number of gun crimes across the world, I'm sure you'd see a correlation with legality of guns?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X