• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Attempt at a serious topic] What is your attitude to money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of this depends on your attitude and belief with regards to your ability to generate revenue in the future. I've just been through a challenging personal time with loss of family members etc. and during the past 4 years I've not been able to rely on my ability to generate money and so I've pulled my horns in, cleared all debt and lived a frugal life. Now the fog is starting to lift and I am seeing I am capable and in demand in my specific area, I'm starting to let go a little and trust in my ability to be in work and at a decent rate for the foreseeable future. Whilst you can never be as sure as a perm role (albeit I was put on redundancy list after working like a madman for 18mths on a programme - part of which meant I decided I'd never be put in that position again), knowing you can pick up a contract if you put in the right effort all helps to secure the ability to spend some wonga!

Comment

Working...
    X