• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weightwatchers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightwatchers

Missus has put us both on weightwatchers today. Does it actually bloody work or not?

All this counting stuff seems bollocks to me and who eats cabbage anyway??
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Missus has put us both on weightwatchers today. Does it actually bloody work or not?

All this counting stuff seems bollocks to me and who eats cabbage anyway??

The weightwatcher food is crap. Low calorie only cos of the portion sizes, packed with additives and tastes like damp cardboard. Avoid at all costs.

Eat smaller portions, eat regularly, eat healthily. Everyone knows what healty food is you just need to make the effort to eat that and not the usual junk.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

And get off yer arse and exercise.

HTH
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Mrs Gonzo tried it for a short while before giving up. But then, she couldn't stick to glue if she tried.

Comment

All diet plans are a waste of time and probably feck up your metabolism anyway. Just avoid processed food as much as possible and exercise more.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

and who eats cabbage anyway??
            Used to go for a Sunday recovery session in the pub just along the road from me. Their Corned beef and cabbage was second to none and set us up for the rest of the day. Don't try cooking it at home though. It stinks !

Comment

One of my mates claimed to have lost 2.5 stone in 2 weeks on Atkins. Now that can't be fecking healthy for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                One of my mates claimed to have lost 2.5 stone in 2 weeks on Atkins. Now that can't be fecking healthy for you.
                He must have been a fat git to begin with then. A .Net programmer perhaps?
                I'm not so think as you drunk I am...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  Sounds like a tall tale. As an Atkins old hand if you were doing it for the first time you could lose up to 1 stone in two weeks if you had it to lose.

Atkins is OK for the short term to take weight off fast, then switch back to eating healthily and exercising for which there is no substitute.

When you do Atkins, follow it to the letter, make sure you take all the suggested vitamin supplements especially Potassium and Zinc. If you've never done it before expect to feel absolutely terrible for 48 hours around days 3/4.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I can vouch for the processed foods comment. I have lost most of the excess weight I was carrying (20 lbs since Sept) after sticking to some simple rules given to me from my Gym instructor friend.

1. Avoid all processed food and ready meals.
                    2. Eat frequent small portions (the guide is five small meals a day. You are less likely to feel hungry).
                    3. Eat slowly (it takes 15 mins for the satisfied message to get from stomach to brain
                    4. Monitor your intake of alcohol (compare beer intake to chocolate; a pint = a Mars bar)
                    5. Drink lots of water between meals
                    6. Plan for the long term. Aim for 1-2 pounds of loss a week
                    7. Allow one/two days a week (planned in advance) where you can eat anything (but cut down on portion sizes). This makes it easier to stick to it in the long term.

and

8. Take some exercise (This will increase your metabolism although the food side of the equation is far more significant)

Comment

Working...
                    X