• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving for better money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Gawd this thread is full of wind! In 22 years never had a problem leaving a contract before end date, all clients have had me back at some point. In fact don't think I've ever left on the contract end date. Mostly I leave after a delivery or the underlying contract is ended. Even once walked out with no notice and they still had me back.
    But wearing a new disguise and false identity each time should be mentioned.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

And there is the unknown of duration with the new one so on the face of it I don't think I'd be jumping at this point but it's purely a personal decision. Just doesn't sound enough for me to be quitting a gig early but that's me.
      Originally posted by d000hg View Post

ROFFFLLLL

Comment

If you do it too often your CV won't look good - multiple short gigs are a red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Oi, I resemble that remark, Shhhhhhhhh!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
            If you do it too often your CV won't look good - multiple short gigs are a red flag.
            Not if your job is to go in and fix something that isn't working properly...

The world outside CUK is not black and white, sadly.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
            X