• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explosion Liverpool

I know some of you hate women but come on
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1957432.html

One person has died and another is being treated for serious injuries after a car exploded outside the Liverpool Women’s Hospital on Sunday, according to police.

It comes after images of a vehicle on fire, reportedly in the NHS site’s car park, were shared on social media.

Least they got someone-

https://news.sky.com/story/liverpool...other-12468520

Three people have been arrested by counter-terror police following a fatal car explosion outside a Liverpool hospital.

The men are aged 29, 26, and 21 according to police and were detained in the Kensington area of Liverpool before being arrested under the Terrorism Act, in connection with the explosion.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Word from Liverpool is that the taxi driver sussed what was going on and locked his doors so the bomber couldn't get out and into the hospital

Comment

Not at time of writing being categorised as a terrorism offence, but I can't imagine any other outcome.

It appears the taxi driver is a bit of a hero.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Not at time of writing being categorised as a terrorism offence, ..
        Not a terrorism offence, with enough exlosives to blow up a hospital?

All I can say is someone must have been pretty pissed off with long waiting times!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

From initial accounts sounds like the taxi driver is a hero

Comment

Video shows taxi driver was in vehicle when it exploded. Miraculously managed to survive, opened the driver door and run out of the car after the explosion

Last edited by Fraidycat; 15 November 2021, 10:04.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Not a terrorism offence, with enough exlosives to blow up a hospital?
              At the time of writing that was the official stance. I agree with you that I'm sure that will change. (It wasn't enough to blow up a hospital, but it was enough to kill quite a few people).

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
              Video shows taxi driver was in vehicle when it exploded. Miraculously managed to survive, opened the driver door and run out of the car after the explosion

Nice they've kept the audio of the cheery radio burbling away in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

At the time of writing that was the official stance. I agree with you that I'm sure that will change. (It wasn't enough to blow up a hospital, but it was enough to kill quite a few people).
                reports are the detonator went off but not the main charge

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

reports are the detonator went off but not the main charge
                  Quite a detonator, judging from the explosion. OTOH, I know a woman who's husband died due to a detonator going off in his hand.

Comment

wow amazing the driver survived

Comment

Working...
                    X