• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In Light of Gunther

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Light of Gunther

Another one bites the dust, diagnosed too late unfortunately, and I'm in no way criticising, at all.

Blokes out there get tested, if you're > 50 years get a baseline PSA reading and then redo every year or couple depending on your attitude to risk.

The stats go like this - at 50 yrs 50% of men have PCr most benign or so slow and will never cause a problem unless you're lucky enough to live to 120.
    At 60yrs - 60% and so one until at 100yrs @100%.

The PSA reading is not perfect and a single reading should not be used to diagnose, but a climbing PSA is a worry.

My baseline was 2.6 and at diagnosis 5.3. My GP said not to worry, but got myself referred and the the young urologist basically said I had cancer and just to need to confirm it.

He was right Stage 3A, just about to spread out.

As EJ says, better to be on the stage pissing yourself than be be off the the stage. (Shakespeare - 'the worlds a stage")

Singer Sir Elton John Reveals He Went on Stage in a Diaper after His Prostate Cancer Surgery | SurvivorNet

But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Good thing you got it early Gibby. Got a test in 4 weeks. Mind you, I don't stop for a pee half as often as my loony lady friend.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Good shout Gibbon - thanks for this and hope all good.

Comment

A diaper is less outlandish than most of the costumes he normally wears on stage lol.

Comment

Agree get tested, but PSA on its own is extremely unreliable it has to be in combination with other examinations and tests

Comment

Working...
          X