• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protect yourself from COVID

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protect yourself from COVID

Be friends with a Tory.

Conservative MPs don't need to wear masks during debates because they know each other, Jacob Rees-Mogg has said.

The Commons leader said the party's "convivial, fraternal spirit" meant they were acting in line with government Covid guidance.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

The reason they aren't wearing masks is that a lot of them have had it and they are going herd immunity.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The reason they aren't wearing masks is that a lot of them have had it and they are going herd immunity.
      The reason is that they feel it restricts their personal freedoms. Loads of them are anti-mask, anti-lockdown. Probably look at the other MPs as sheep for following government advice.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        While there is some justification to the "we see each other normally anyway" line, they don't spend time with the Opposition MPs who are in the same room.
        I don't think the advice is to wear a mask if people you normally see are present, it's if ONLY people you normally see are present.
        All a farce really.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X