• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glad to see this is finally being cracked down on

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see this is finally being cracked down on

A bakery has had to stop producing its bestselling biscuit after officials found the treats were topped with illegal sprinkles.

Trading Standards said the E127 food colouring, also know as Erythrosine, is only approved for use in the UK and EU in cocktail cherries and candied cherries.

The ingredient has been linked to problems with hyperactivity in children and effects on their mood and behaviour.

"[The inspector] said they'd had reports of us using illegal sprinkles and I actually laughed by mistake, then realised he was being serious," Mr Myers said.

He said he sourced the US-made cake toppers from a UK-based wholesaler, adding that other products on the market were not as good.

"British sprinkles are rubbish," he said.
    Clearly a very important issue.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

You want to eat E127, linked to thyroid cancer? Be my guest...
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      You want to eat E127, linked to thyroid cancer? Be my guest...
      "Linked" to hyperactivity too, but bizarrely allowed in many countries because "linked" doesn't mean too much. We all grew up eating these things, bit late now Compare Smarties in UK and US if you ever get the chance... probably the EU's fault somehow!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Didn't the Septics make one extract all the red Smarties & dispose of them?

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
        X