• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mental health day. What does it mean for you?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That MH is far more openly discussed and taboos are diminished is great. It's slowly permeating the collective psyche to the extent I hear it discussed by those who formerly might have brushed it aside as "just buck up".

The day itself I wasn't aware of and I think longer campaigns are far more useful to 'normalise' the topic.
    There is still a lot of embarrassment about it. I agree more publicity and education is necessary.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The more it's discussed the more "normal" it gets, the more people try to seek help when depressed. Main issue is that therapy is the most effective tool and it's not widely available (on NHS at least), meds do help as well, but they are not as long lasting as therapy. Unfortunately it's the easiest way out for both GPs and very often patients themselves.

Comment

linked to by an old friend she obviously knows me well.

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/camp...tal-health-day

some useful resources for all.

Comment

What's "useful" in there vetran?

What would be useful is pressure from the voting public to invest money and facilities into it, rather than cutting funding to the bone and sharing a blog post every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
            What's "useful" in there vetran?

What would be useful is pressure from the voting public to invest money and facilities into it, rather than cutting funding to the bone and sharing a blog post every now and then.
            well statistics and strategies seemed useful to me.

Comment

Working...
            X