• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Defund the Police - seems to be working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defund the Police - seems to be working

Oh Dear

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-soared.html

How woke mobs have left cops too scared to police Minneapolis since George Floyd's death: Traffic stops have plunged 74% and problem area patrols by 76% because cops fear being unfairly targeted in viral videos - while crime has soared
    • In-depth analysis shows policing plunged in Minneapolis starting last June
    • Traffic stops dropped 74% and and foot patrols plunged 69%
    • Cops were apparently reluctant to engage after furor over George Floyd's death
    • Some even slow down their response to calls in hopes suspects will leave first
    • But fewer stops meant fewer people being searched for drugs and guns
    • Residents say the city has become a 'gangster's paradise' for criminals
    • Murders in Minneapolis are on track to reach a 20-year high
    Click image for larger version

Name:	47888071-9987549-image-a-6_1631594910350.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	4182430

Maybe there will be a backlash? Wyatt Earp Stylee?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oh Dear

Click image for larger version

Name:	47888071-9987549-image-a-6_1631594910350.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	4182430

Absolutely nothing to do with lockdowns and a pandemic, it's all about police who are scared of being filmed kneeling on people. It's almost like the Wail needs to find/manipulate things into stories so their readership can lap it up and agree with the sentiment.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

La La la its the Daily wail so I can't believe it , they must have made it up even though the story is via Reuters
      https://www.reuters.com/investigates...g-minneapolis/

After the brutal killing of a Black man went viral and triggered national protests, Minneapolis police underwent an abrupt shift: Officers began making fewer traffic stops, drug and gun checks, Reuters found. With the city engulfed in violence, citizens ask: Where are the police?
      Almost immediately after Floyd’s death, Reuters found, police officers all but stopped making traffic stops. They approached fewer people they considered suspicious and noticed fewer people who were intoxicated, fighting or involved with drugs, records show. Some in the city, including police officers themselves, say the men and women in blue stepped back after Floyd’s death for fear that any encounter could become the next flashpoint.

“There isn’t a huge appetite for aggressive police work out there, and the risk/reward, certainly, we’re there and we’re sworn to protect and serve, but you also have to protect yourself and your family,” said Scott Gerlicher, a Minneapolis police commander who retired this year. “Nobody in the job or working on the job can blame those officers for being less aggressive.”

Comment

How woke mobs have left cops too scared to police Minneapolis since George Floyd's death: Traffic stops have plunged 74% and problem area patrols by 76% because cops fear being unfairly targeted in viral videos - while crime has soared
        Tell me where in the Reuters story you find that quote?
        Do a word search:
        Woke - zero
        Mob - Zero
        Scared - Zero
        Viral - 1 reference in the headline
        Unfair - zero

So, when I say about the Wail being unreliable, they take a story from Reuters, and put a headline around it that is designed to reinforce the prejudices of its readers into believing the headline accurately reflects the story, while not wanting to encourage them to read the original story.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Tell me where in the Reuters story you find that quote?
          Do a word search:
          Woke - zero
          Mob - Zero
          Scared - Zero
          Viral - 1 reference in the headline
          Unfair - zero

So, when I say about the Wail being unreliable, they take a story from Reuters, and put a headline around it that is designed to reinforce the prejudices of its readers into believing the headline accurately reflects the story, while not wanting to encourage them to read the original story.
          The wail used emotive language - I'm shocked, shall we have a peek at the slaver?

The figures and analysis are basically the same.

Comment

Oh Dear

Click image for larger version  Name:	47888071-9987549-image-a-6_1631594910350.jpg Views:	34 Size:	56.2 KB ID:	4182430

I guess the better question is, how has different types of crime been affected over the same period
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I guess the better question is, how has different types of crime been affected over the same period
              Possibly but as the police are actively not getting involved, going off sick or retiring in wake of the unrest we probably won't know figures until they replace the Police with social workers.

Comment

Possibly but as the police are actively not getting involved, going off sick or retiring in wake of the unrest we probably won't know figures until they replace the Police with social workers.
                that's OK, I'm sure it will work just fine

Comment

Reported crime statistics should still be available
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Reported crime statistics should still be available
                    I am sure they are as accurate as ours when the police close them immediately. Pretty likely they will be frigged.

Comment

Working...
                    X