• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England Monetary Policy Report August 2021 (Bank of England)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England Monetary Policy Report August 2021 (Bank of England)

Interesting report from the Bank of England:

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/me...ugust-2021.pdf

You might want to at least summarise why it's interesting, especially if it can help IT Contractors become less poor under the Tories.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      Interesting report from the Bank of England:

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/me...ugust-2021.pdf
      Just adding links, with no summary, is not going to get many people reading it. Doesn't look good for you either if you can't add your own insight into the document, given you're (presumably) trying to impress us with your knowledge.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Just adding links, with no summary, is not going to get many people reading it. Doesn't look good for you either if you can't add your own insight into the document, given you're (presumably) trying to impress us with your knowledge.
        Maybe Martin doesn't have the time to write primary school level analysis for posters like you? CUK is not a kindergarten service.

Thanks Martin will have a read through, you normally provide interesting insights.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Maybe Martin doesn't have the time to write primary school level analysis for posters like you? CUK is not a kindergarten service.
          When people post links with out some relevant blur I always presume it links to spam.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

When people post links with out some relevant blur I always presume it links to spam.
            NickFitz & Martin regularly provide interesting and informative articles I would recommend you trust the poster sometimes.

Some people are just worth listening to.

Comment

Thanks Martin will have a read through, you normally provide interesting insights.
              You really are an idiot.

I'm not wasting my time on a link without at least a summary of why the poster thinks it's interesting, as interesting to him may be pointless to me.

I'm sure Martin is a nice chap, but he's promoting his service too .... as such I'd expect him to add a little of his own thoughts into why the link is worth reading ... you know, to show us that he knows his stuff rather than just posting up links.

But hey, you crack on and read it if you like
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You really are an idiot.

I'm not wasting my time on a link without at least a summary of why the poster thinks it's interesting, as interesting to him may be pointless to me.

I'm sure Martin is a nice chap, but he's promoting his service too .... as such I'd expect him to add a little of his own thoughts into why the link is worth reading ... you know, to show us that he knows his stuff rather than just posting up links.

But hey, you crack on and read it if you like
                Music to keep you entertained so you stop posting rude pish!

Comment

NickFitz & Martin regularly provide interesting and informative articles I would recommend you trust the poster sometimes.

Some people are just worth listening to.

Thanks Vetran - that's really kind of you.

Just to add a bit more detail - this is a quarterly report carried out by the Bank of England which in their own words sets out the economic analysis and inflation projections that they use to make their interest rates decisions.

Importantly, inflation is above the set target of 2%and is expected to rise potentially to 4% as covid restrictions are eased. However they are confident that it will fall back to target in around 2 years time.

In terms of mortgages, one of the main parts of the report that I found interesting and relevant is that it recognizes that availability has improved and demand has remained strong. Right now I am seeing some historically low rates even on the higher loan to value products where a client has say a 10% deposit. Last year a lot of products above 85% loan to value completely vanished.

Banks competing on rate is great for clients but the risk is that this will only generate a certain amount of business. The next logical step is revisiting their criteria which we have seen recently with more and more banks keen to look at umbrella structures.

Comment

Working...
                  X