• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taxes under Tory Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I think at this point the other lot (with Starmer in charge) would be better actually and we are not even half way through the tulip Tory Scum will do.

Nobody in Europe is rushing to increase taxes right now, especially on jobs, Tory Scum are truly unique scumbags for that

Starmer stood with Korbyn on a manifesto to treat dividend income like ordinary income. Labour are always the scummiest, worse than Tory scum or Lib Dem scum. Expect a Labour sofa tax and social solidarity squirrel bothering levy. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Starmer stood with Korbyn on a manifesto to treat dividend income like ordinary income. Labour are always the scummiest, worse than Tory scum or Lib Dem scum. Expect a Labour sofa tax and social solidarity squirrel bothering levy. HTH.
      Dividends are already pretty much bang on taxed as orginary income, certainly will be once 24% corp tax comes into play.

If the party that is supposedly cutting taxes increase them then the only way to get them move into the right direction is NOT TO GET THEM ELECTED.

Five years on a sidelines MAYBE would get them back on track.

Even though at this point I am pretty convinced that they are all total scum and there is no hope for this country to have sensible policies (including tax), the only people who are marginally ok are the pensioners because both parties tulip bricks and don't want to touch them.

I mean WTF - funding care would have made sense to tax pensions, especially large ones - the group that is going to require care will in effect get that insurance, but instead fookers are hitting businesses.
      Last edited by AtW; 3 September 2021, 18:05.

Comment

Dividends are already pretty much bang on taxed as orginary income, certainly will be once 24% corp tax comes into play.
        Right, which is why IR35 wasn't a thing prior to April 2021.

Comment

I mean WTF - funding care would have made sense to tax pensions
          Property, more like. Tax the fook out of it.

Comment

Tax and Spend, you know it makes sense
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I mean WTF - funding care would have made sense to tax pensions, especially large ones - the group that is going to require care will in effect get that insurance, but instead fookers are hitting businesses.
              There are working age people who require care.

However I agree it should be more age progressive rather than dumping all costs on the young - but then the young need to vote and demonstrate including riot.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Property, more like. Tax the fook out of it.
                Yeah, that'll go down well. work - and pay taxes and NIs - for 45 years to acquire your own property and pension provision to top up the huge state pension (around £140 a week and its taxable...) and rather than having it all taken away to pay for your care when you need it, it's taken away while you still have an independent life to live. And what do you pay the tax with if all your assets are tied up in the house and you have a disposable income of around NMW if you're very lucky or exceptionally well paid? I know, you defer that payment until you need care and take it away then.

Want to start again?
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The only reason property gone up so much is due to solid Govt support - so making it taxable is a no brainer, alternative was (and might be still is) crashing property values to reduce cost of living, thus allowing heavier income taxes - it’s really the property costs that feck everything up.

So bring on heavy taxes on all property with exception of bedsits over kebab shops…

Comment

The only reason property gone up so much is due to solid Govt support - so making it taxable is a no brainer, alternative was (and might be still is) crashing property values to reduce cost of living, thus allowing heavier income taxes - it’s really the property costs that feck everything up.

So bring on heavy taxes on all property with exception of bedsits over kebab shops…
                    Pointless arguing with ignorance, really. Just for once, try to understand the argument under discussion. Property value is only an indirect element of the proposition.

Or better still, you stick to your own version of reality and I'll stick to mine.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

What was that you said before about Tory taxes? Ah that - Labour would have done it anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X