• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Refused DV (developed vetting) clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refused DV (developed vetting) clearance

Apologies if this question/query has been answered on here before.

As the title suggests, I was recently refused DV clearance for a job in the defence undustry. With the exception of a ccj in 2014, my background is totally clean (no criminal convictions etc.) and I've never been in trouble with the law. Moreover, I was completely accurate/honest in answering all of the questions posed in the dv vetting application form and, since the ccj in 2014, my credit rating has also steadily improved. I'm totally confused therefore as to why the vetting agency would refuse me clearance, could the ccj from 2014 still affect my application? Can I appeal their decision?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

"I will only say this once...."

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Or do you prefer gladiators?

Comment

Though I might just go out for a meal -

Comment

When did you declare the last time you bled your radiators?
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

To be serious for a moment, why do you think something as sensitive as failing a DV vetting is anything of concern for people who don't hold DV clearance? It's about assessing your suitability for handling material at Top Secret and above. If you fail, they sure as hell aren't to explain why, if only to prevent other people working out how to get around the vetting.

For that reason there is no appeal. It's done, you have to move on. It probably won't harm you getting an SC, which is one consolation.

And one more thought - you have blown any future chance of DV by talking about it on an open forum. It's called "secret" for a reason. If you don't believe me, go read the first half dozen pages of the OSA.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              To be serious for a moment, blah blah.
              You are too kind.

The poster is an idiot.

Posts on this forum appear on search engines which means posters can be caught out....

Oh and they posted a "serious" thread in General - so they can't read either.

Comment

Looks like a good call at vetting.

Comment

Isn't there something in the Official Secrets Act that says you can't mention that you've signed it?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Isn't there something in the Official Secrets Act that says you can't mention that you've signed it?
                    I couldn't Possibly comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X