• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chinese bringing food into Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post

I always have either Nothing to Declare/Border Patrol or Cant Pay Take It Away on in the background. ..
    Most of those are OK, but Can't Pay Take It Away is a bit close to the bone for my taste!

Thought I hadn't heard anything from our council for quite a while, and three months ago it turned out that with this Covid carry on I hadn't paid any council tax for over two years, and including this year's lot owed them £15K and was one of Devon's top "most wanted" council tax debtors! Been paying them £3K a month for a while now, and am out of the danger zone. But programmes about bailiffs banging on doors are not exactly my favourites at the moment, for obvious reasons.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Most of those are OK, but Can't Pay Take It Away is a bit close to the bone for my taste!

Thought I hadn't heard anything from our council for quite a while, and three months ago it turned out that with this Covid carry on I hadn't paid any council tax for over two years, and including this year's lot owed them £15K and was one of Devon's top "most wanted" council tax debtors! Been paying them £3K a month for a while now, and am out of the danger zone. But programmes about bailiffs banging on doors are not exactly my favourites at the moment, for obvious reasons.
      You can put on Yorkshire Fire (about firefighters) or The Crash Detectives (tells you what not to do when you crash) both on iPlayer.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Might one recommend "Trucking Hell" for the mechanically minded who are innerested in the ins & outs of extracting half shafts and/or propshafts from crashed trucks?

Alternatively there's always "The Curse of Oak Island" if your tastes run to lunatics pouring money down a hole in the ground in a, no doubt vain, attempt to discover treasure, this being defined variously as The Ark of the Covenant, The Holy Grail, Shakespeare's manuscripts, and/or Marie Antoinette's jewels.

Apparently the Knights Templar are deeply involved in all of this.

Currently on S8.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Might one recommend "Trucking Hell" for the mechanically minded who are innerested in the ins & outs of extracting half shafts and/or propshafts from crashed trucks?

Alternatively there's always "The Curse of Oak Island" if your tastes run to lunatics pouring money down a hole in the ground in a, no doubt vain, attempt to discover treasure, this being defined variously as The Ark of the Covenant, The Holy Grail, Shakespeare's manuscripts, and/or Marie Antoinette's jewels.

Apparently the Knights Templar are deeply involved in all of this.

Currently on S8.
          I second those suggestions

I have just started S7 of The Curse of Oak Island, having downloaded them all to valiantly watch from the very beginning.

I watch it just to see the man from Grimsby yell out "and another bobby dazzler!" which I'm sure must confuse those yanks no end.

Comment

Currently watching "Border Security: America's Front Line": full on paranoia: some evil Canadian trying to import engines into the USA.

Run of the mill drug busts.

A chap living in Canada but of Pakistani origin: ?money laundering? and He's BEEN to Eyeran several times!

Shoot the mother****er!

Oh. they're just turning him back.

Disappointing.

The chap with the engines is turned around back to Canada too.

Engine smuggling is big business.

<hiatus>

This afternoon in the Oz customs thing: Chinese gentleman with a suitcase full of "traditional medicine" and "meats" for which he was fined $AU200, plus $30 for storage until he exits on his way elsewhere.

Then there was the Vietnamese chap with $600k of heroin up his arse.

He got 7 years.

The poor sod I felt sorry for had some sort of dire asian gut virus that was making him sweat profusely so the feds thought he was carrying rather than just being ill.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 August 2021, 15:09.

Comment

Today's NZ customs epic: A Septic lady attempting to bring a live cat into NZ, undocumented, just got on the plane & flew to NZ.

An offence, should she exit the airport, with a gaol sentence of up to 5 years and/or a fine of $100k.

Refused entry, straight back to Septicland where the cat was refused entry & put down.

Looked like a nice cat too.

Rather upsetting.

Comment

"Border Patrol": Looks like another pussy cat is about to get the bullet.

And apparently a coconut isn't food or a vegetable according to a pair of Indians: fine: $400.

Oh good, the cat survived, put back on board the repaired yacht to sail back to France.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 August 2021, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
                X