• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My contract is finally ending YAY!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

In this day and age of gender pronoun swapping who knows what they are.
    There is also the presumption that everyone involved is straight....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

If you are any good at flirting and the managers are desperate enough just the hint is enough in my experience.

Plenty of female nepotism out there. But its normally girl sponsors girl.
      Oh that's ok then. I just have to be a dick tease to get a job rather than go all the way. Phew. I'll stand down off my high horse.

Nice bit of whataboutery with the female nepotism

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I'd be interested in why a project that was running just fine suddenly needed a PM.
        She was initially brought in on a separate project, but basically extended herself to taking over everything.

The boss doesn't like being told the truth... and the result is here.
        Oh well
        Last edited by lorakeen; 11 August 2021, 10:41.

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post

She was initially brought in on a separate project, but basically extended herself to taking over everything.
          So basically no-one on your team was given the task to ensure that the business and other higher managers had visibility of the project you were working on.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh that's ok then. I just have to be a dick tease to get a job rather than go all the way. Phew. I'll stand down off my high horse.

Nice bit of whataboutery with the female nepotism
            I was just pointing out the sad condition of many middle aged male managers. You don't have to tease if you don't want to, but plenty do and it helps their careers. Sex is a strong driver - mentoring and a sexual relationships go back to the Spartans and further.

From me there is no suggestion that you have to do anything, its just an observation.

I would not want many of the scummy sexist middle aged managers I knew lusting after my teenage daughter so wouldn't expose her. Also if I were in a position to be nepotic (is that a word?) I'm likely to be a middle aged, middle class man; so my daughters are probably studying medicine (they are) , law or teaching (most other middle managers kids were studying these) not engineering so are unlikely to work in my field.

However with the rise of more female senior managers the rules are slightly different and I see more young girls being sponsored by female managers.
            Last edited by vetran; 11 August 2021, 10:42.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

So basically no-one on your team was given the task to ensure that the business and other higher managers had visibility of the project you were working on.
              This - no one was tasked with doing the important ass kissing for this project!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That is supposed to be our boss' job.
                TBH I wouldn't have a problem if she did the project management. But no, she's acting as if she is our actual management and trying to cnage everythign to suit herself. And taking credit for everyone's work in the process.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	53192.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	4177353

Comment

That is supposed to be our boss' job..
                    The boss doesn't like being told the truth.
                    the boss wants me to stay
                    You need to leave anyway as you are clearly inside.

I literally had to remind her, rather unpolitely that I've bene writing code longer than she's been alive
                    Ah that old cookie. That will work.... not.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

That is supposed to be our boss' job.
                      You know sometimes you have to direct managers?

Comment

Working...
                      X