• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Doom

Climate change: IPCC report is 'code red for humanity'

"It is a statement of fact, we cannot be any more certain; it is unequivocal and indisputable that humans are warming the planet."
    It's about to get a lot hotter, colder, wetter and dryer depending where you live. Interestingly they suggest substantial changes could halt or even reverse the worst effects, I sometimes wonder if the truth is that these things lag our behaviour by decades and we are therefore, screwed, but they imply that's not the case.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Climate change: IPCC report is 'code red for humanity'

It's about to get a lot hotter, colder, wetter and dryer depending where you live. Interestingly they suggest substantial changes could halt or even reverse the worst effects, I sometimes wonder if the truth is that these things lag our behaviour by decades and we are therefore, screwed, but they imply that's not the case.
    The snag is some substantial changes, such as eliminating use of coal, could make the effects a hell of a lot worse, by reducing smog!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So it all balances out and everything will be ok!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

So it all balances out and everything will be ok!
        If I throw boiling water at your legs and ice cubes at your torso I don't think you'd say "it averages out"

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

The snag is some substantial changes, such as eliminating use of coal, could make the effects a hell of a lot worse, by reducing smog!
          I'm sure we can deliberately create artificial smog.

Comment

If I throw boiling water at your legs and ice cubes at your torso I don't think you'd say "it averages out"
            Nitpicker

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Major-landfalling-US-hurricanes-by-decade-2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	494.0 KB
ID:	4176967
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

So even hurricanes follow the trend that climate is changing.

Comment

And then there are the forest fires caused by careless smokers and camp fires; more proof of global warming.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    And then there are the forest fires caused by careless smokers and camp fires; more proof of global warming.
                    Indeed, people never smoked or camped in the forest in the 50s.

Forest fires are NOT just about ignition sources, those happen all the time. They are about how liable a spark is to start a fire, and how liable the fire is to spread. I follow a channel which talks about wild-land fire-fighting, there's quite a lot of science behind this stuff. Fires are a normal, natural thing but how common and how large and how hard to contain they are varies according to many factors... moisture being a big one.

Comment

Working...
                    X