• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London's Worst Attraction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    I thought it was the Tower of London. Long queues everywhere and you cannot even stand and admire the crown jewels. There is a flat escalator in front of them!
    Correct terminology is 'travelator' or 'moving walkway' I spent years wondering what to call them so looked it up.

https://www.stannahlifts.co.uk/produ...oving-walkways
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's new! I definitely recall being able to stand and put my snotty nose right up to the glass
      so only a couple of weeks old?

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
        I thought it was the Tower of London. Long queues everywhere and you cannot even stand and admire plot how to steal the crown jewels. There is a flat escalator in front of them!
        FTFY
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Good review.

Looks truly tulip.

It may become an attraction because it is so bad.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The West End's newest tourist experience opened to the public on Monday, with tickets to climb the man-made hill at the end of Oxford Street starting at £4.50.
            Perhaps they were hoping for something like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Paquete-7-Totumo-Volcan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	285.4 KB ID:	4175464

How to Visit Totumo Mud Volcano in Colombia (What to Know)
            Last edited by ravenshaw; 28 July 2021, 17:27.

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-59906865

Marble Arch Mound: Much-mocked tourist attraction to close

The Marble Arch Mound, which was supposed to attract people back into the heart of the city, charged visitors up to £8 when it opened in July.

However, the £6m artificial hill was forced to close temporarily when plants and grass began to die on the structure surrounded by scaffolding.

Scheduled to run until January, it shuts for the final time on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's new! I definitely recall being able to stand and put my snotty nose right up to the glass
                me too excluding the snotty nose!

Comment

The travelator is probably for accessibility. Can't expect people to have to use their legs.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    The travelator was probably for accessibility. Can't expect people to have to use their legs.
                    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...res-CLOSE.html
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X