• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you pay your 'stock-broker'?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Grandmother inherited stock from her father and grandfather. Just before the credit crunch, she signed it all over to my mum and her sister, who immediately cashed it in.

Good timing. Althoigh if they'd kept it, it would be worth more now. However, they gave a portion to me and my siblings. I bought shares, and currently looking at 95% returns since 2015.

Right place, right time.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      My Grandmother inherited stock from her father and grandfather. Just before the credit crunch, she signed it all over to my mum and her sister, who immediately cashed it in.

Good timing. Althoigh if they'd kept it, it would be worth more now. However, they gave a portion to me and my siblings. I bought shares, and currently looking at 95% returns since 2015.

Right place, right time.
      I have a couple like that through luck rather than nous. Although I think I might be up something silly like 60% since Covid, not checked since dips the last week or two. I was very close to selling the lot when it became Covid was going to be a big deal, lucky I didn't. As my broker reminded me last week "shares aren't the real world".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

INKSPI

I pay my Hedge Fund Manager.

Comment

Working...
        X