• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Re-Mortgage after going back to Permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So broker said if I went perm and then re mortgaged then it would need to be with same lender. Barclays and Halifax dont do income check again if you do product transfer but you cant get as low rates as if you were to go elsewhere obviously. he mentioned the bigger high street lenders tend to have better deals with staying with them then you may get with smaller lenders.

Comment

Get a contract emergency butler lined up in case your permament one is required to self-isolate

Comment

Originally posted by xenomorph View Post
        So broker said if I went perm and then re mortgaged then it would need to be with same lender. Barclays and Halifax dont do income check again if you do product transfer but you cant get as low rates as if you were to go elsewhere obviously. he mentioned the bigger high street lenders tend to have better deals with staying with them then you may get with smaller lenders.
        So that was my experience with RBS a couple of years ago so they are still doing it. Good stuff. Only slight difference back then was although RBS were competitive they weren't the best around, but it was close enough to just sign and go. I'd imagine in your situation even if you did find cheaper one it wouldn't be available to you if you had to do all the checks again.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

So that was my experience with RBS a couple of years ago so they are still doing it. Good stuff. Only slight difference back then was although RBS were competitive they weren't the best around, but it was close enough to just sign and go. I'd imagine in your situation even if you did find cheaper one it wouldn't be available to you if you had to do all the checks again.
          yup your stuck with same lender basically who wont match open market rates.

Comment

Working...
          X