• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cry me 36 Grand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cry me 36 Grand

Put your kid in a football shirt, make them cry when their team lose, ensure it is on TV cameras, and some lovely people may give you a few grand

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/07/famil...ised-14886694/

Fundraisers have finally managed to track down a young German football fan after they raised £36,000 to cheer her up.

The family of the supporter, who didn’t wish to reveal her identity, said she has chosen to donate all the money to the charity Unicef.

Welshman Joel Hughes started the campaign on JustGiving after Germany’s Euro 2020 defeat to England last week.

When pictures of the tearful girl were shown on TV, she was subjected to vile abuse from online trolls.

But Joel, 51, wanted to show her that ‘not everyone from the UK is horrible and that we care.’

He ended up receiving donations from across the UK, Europe and even further afield.

Joel and others have been trying to track down the supporter ever since and shared an update on the crowdfunding site yesterday.

He said they had found the family who wished to remain anonymous but shared a statement which thanked everyone for their support.

The full statement read: ‘In the interests of our daughter and our family we would like to remain private however we wish to thank everyone for your amazing support. Our daughter would like to request your generous donations go to Unicef, knowing that your kindness will do good.’

Unicef work with children across the world, providing humanitarian support and aid.

Joel, who set out to raise just £500, said the organisation was a ‘worthy choice’ as he told followers he couldn’t believe how much the campaign had taken off.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

so prostitute your children to be able to have a more comfortable life in the rat race capitalism that we live in.
    makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      so prostitute your children to be able to have a more comfortable life in the rat race capitalism that we live in.
      makes sense.
      Nah you are suppose to give the money to chariteee unless your kid is disabled/needs a life saving operation....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you allow me to channel molten gold through your tear ducts, that can probably be arranged.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Nah you are suppose to give the money to chariteee unless your kid is disabled/needs a life saving operation....
          really doubt they would. but if you do indeed decide to donate to charity the only thing that will change is that the CEO of the charity can afford a new set of tires on his Bugatti. this world is morally bankrupt.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...itical-scandal

Comment

really doubt they would. but if you do indeed decide to donate to charity the only thing that will change is that the CEO of the charity can afford a new set of tires on his Bugatti. this world is morally bankrupt.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...itical-scandal
            Or hire prostitutes, like to post this as often as possible lest we forget!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...itutes-in-chad

Oxfam was hit with new allegations of staff involvement with prostitution on Saturday, after claims that employees at a second country mission had used sex workers while living at the organisation’s premises.

Former staff who worked for the charity in Chad alleged that women believed to be prostitutes were repeatedly invited to the Oxfam team house there, with one adding that a senior member of staff had been fired for his behaviour in 2006.

Roland van Hauwermeiren, who has since been embroiled in a sexual misconduct scandal in Haiti, was head of Oxfam in Chad at the time. Van Hauwermeiren resigned from Oxfam in 2011, after admitting that prostitutes had visited his villa in Haiti. One former Chad aid worker said on Saturday: “They would invite the women for parties. We knew they weren’t just friends but something else.

“I have so much respect for Oxfam. They do great work, but this is a sector-wide problem,” the former staffer told the Observer.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Or hire prostitutes, like to post this as often as possible lest we forget!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...itutes-in-chad
              fair enough.

I believe that the only reason that charities are so prevalent and the concept encouraged in society is that:

when people donate, they have a sense of satisfaction that they contribute to a cause and that strengthens the bond with society.
              Without that bond with society, people would be less likely to agree to sell their time for peanuts and wait for the pensions and golden years that might never come.

So overall it is a well disguised trick and a deception to strengthen the faible construct we abide to.

I've heard it is quite prevalent in banks to be asked to run for charities and show your support and all this nonsense to look good for the rest. Ironically a good part of what they do is very questionable in terms of contribution to society.

But I guess society has been working like this for 1000's of years so you can't turn against evolution. I might be an odd person and few others thinking like me, but this does not mean that it is the best for society.
              Last edited by GigiBronz; 7 July 2021, 16:42.

Comment

fair enough.

I believe that the only reason that charities are so prevalent and the concept encouraged in society is that:

when people donate, they have a sense of satisfaction that they contribute to a cause and that strengthens the bond with society.
                Without that bond with society, people would be less likely to agree to sell their time for peanuts and wait for the pensions and golden years that might never come.

So overall it is a well disguised trick and a deception to strengthen the faible construct we abide to.

But I guess society has been working like this for 1000's of years so you can't turn against evolution. I might be an odd person and few others thinking like me, but this does not mean that it is the best for society.
                Plenty of great charities out there that do good work, unfortunately a few forgot to behave.

I have donated, contributed and worked with charities all my adult life. I do feel good doing that.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You've had to really work hard here Sue, to turn a lovely sweet gesture sour.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The other day someone's young kid got one of the player's balls in their face at Wimbledon, and he gave them one of the special Wimbledon towels as an apology.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X