• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh that is going to end well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh that is going to end well

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...passports.html

Biden will allow Americans to choose non-binary as a gender option on passports and let applicants self-identify instead of providing medical certificates
    • State Department announced new rules for genders on passports Wednesday
    • Applicants who don't identify as male or female can choose a third option
    • Adds to a growing a number of countries that have an 'X' gender option
    • Officials also removed the need for medical certification if they want to change gender on their passport
    hmm no bad hat is going to abuse that.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Are there international standards about what information is contained on a passport? I wonder how that will go down in countries that are less progressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Are there international standards about what information is contained on a passport?.
      Yes

Comment

Most people would accept a sex change with a medical certificate. X is just going to give border officers an excuse to be unpleasant.

This is a free for all, you choose. Those with an X are going to love the hassle they get travelling to certain countries.

Comment

Unless you are really thick, like the "I'm now Korean" person, as an LGBTQIA person you would already know what countries that are safe to travel to and would accept your passport. So you wouldn't for example travel to Saudi Arabia but would travel to the UK.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I can see the lawyers rubbing their hands in glee as an avalanche of claims for mis-gendering pile in.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Unless you are really thick, like the "I'm now Korean" person, as an LGBTQIA person you would already know what countries that are safe to travel to and would accept your passport. So you wouldn't for example travel to Saudi Arabia but would travel to the UK.
              I suspect most countries (however permissive) systems however won't currently support such a gender.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I suspect most countries (however permissive) systems however won't currently support such a gender.
                Do airlines?

https://www.theregister.com/2021/04/...tware_mistake/

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  indeed I very much doubt it.

Comment

its an opportunity for IT contractors to change the gender field from M/F to hundreds of genders , Some databases will not be able to cope up with anything except M/F
                    kerching

Comment

Working...
                    X