• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Lifestyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Lifestyle

Official: this is the new, V6-engined Ferrari 296 GTB

Did you know that Leonardo da Vinci once designed an automated robot knight – a sort of Renaissance RoboCop? Well, he did. And yet even the Italian master with all his boundless ingenuity and skill would have been bamboozled by the witchcraft present in this new Ferrari supercar.

Because this new Ferrari supercar ushers in a new, turbocharged, hybrid V6. Welcome to the Ferrari Renaissance. Welcome to the brand-new Ferrari 296 GTB.

It doesn't replace the F8 Tributo, but "complements" the range, according to Ferrari. Unbelievably, its power output matches the V12 Competizione. You’re looking at the thick, scary end of 819bhp (830CV) from a 2.9-litre turbocharged V6 and electric motor.

When spooled up, both units send that mammoth power output to the rear wheels to record a 0-62mph time of 2.9s, a 0-124mph time of 7.3s, top speed of over 205mph, and a Fiorano lap time of 1m 21s; that latter number matches up to the Ferrari F12tdf.

Of course, it’s not the first Ferrari V6; that honour rests with 1957’s Dino 156. But that car – and its V6 successors – were all racers. The 296 is the first production road car to feature this configuration; a clean-sheet design especially for this car, producing 654bhp on its own. Ferrari claims it sets the new specific power output record for a production road car.“

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fir...errari-296-gtb

V6, will it get past contractor snobbery of not being a proper Ferrari? Discuss etc

I thought this was going be a thread about being able to afford expensive cars yet still be too tight to get them serviced properly?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I thought this was going be a thread about being able to afford expensive cars yet still be too tight to get them serviced properly?
      If I had a Ferrari then I’d certainly service it at the dealer

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Official: this is the new, V6-engined Ferrari 296 GTB

Did you know that Leonardo da Vinci once designed an automated robot knight – a sort of Renaissance RoboCop? Well, he did. And yet even the Italian master with all his boundless ingenuity and skill would have been bamboozled by the witchcraft present in this new Ferrari supercar.

Because this new Ferrari supercar ushers in a new, turbocharged, hybrid V6. Welcome to the Ferrari Renaissance. Welcome to the brand-new Ferrari 296 GTB.

It doesn't replace the F8 Tributo, but "complements" the range, according to Ferrari. Unbelievably, its power output matches the V12 Competizione. You’re looking at the thick, scary end of 819bhp (830CV) from a 2.9-litre turbocharged V6 and electric motor.

When spooled up, both units send that mammoth power output to the rear wheels to record a 0-62mph time of 2.9s, a 0-124mph time of 7.3s, top speed of over 205mph, and a Fiorano lap time of 1m 21s; that latter number matches up to the Ferrari F12tdf.

Of course, it’s not the first Ferrari V6; that honour rests with 1957’s Dino 156. But that car – and its V6 successors – were all racers. The 296 is the first production road car to feature this configuration; a clean-sheet design especially for this car, producing 654bhp on its own. Ferrari claims it sets the new specific power output record for a production road car.“

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fir...errari-296-gtb

V6, will it get past contractor snobbery of not being a proper Ferrari? Discuss etc
        I know times are tight, but if it's not a V12, you're cutting corners. Performance isn't everything, and nothing sounds like a V12 Ferrari.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I used to think I could afford a Ferrari, now I can realistically afford a ‘06 Honda Accord. I think it comes with age that you get to appreciate the things that really matter in life.

I would really splash on a car £150k or more if it could only bring back that exhilarating joy that owning an unique, perfecly engineered object brings. Not quite sure it is the case.

petrolhead for a long time and used to know all the details and did engine R&D for a living.

houses get me excited more though… hartfordshire anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            houses get me excited more though… hartfordshire anyone?
            So, not much in the way of ambition then. (It's actually Hertfordshire, but it's got Watford in it, so it all balances out in the end).
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

if it could only bring back that exhilarating joy that owning an unique, perfecly engineered object brings.
              get yourself a rampant rabbit!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

So, not much in the way of ambition then. (It's actually Hertfordshire, but it's got Watford in it, so it all balances out in the end).
                yes but they seem to go 1.5mil+ what I am talking about, with space to put chicken chages and grow vegetables. 1mil doesn’t go anywhere near I am afraid and that is quite a few ferrariers. Some two three beds in the area I think…

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  I know times are tight, but if it's not a V12, you're cutting corners. Performance isn't everything, and nothing sounds like a V12 Ferrari.
                  It’s not real V12 Ferrari if it’s not rear engine

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It’s not real V12 Ferrari if it’s not rear engine
                    Strictly speaking I think you mean mid-engine, but they mostly seem to be front-engine these days. I don't know of any rear-engine Ferraris, but once you've crashed it, the engine could end up just about anywhere...

Comment

Working...
                    X