• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU remming charges to be reintroduced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU remming charges to be reintroduced

Any comments be chargeable!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Any comments be chargeable!
    If you meant 'rimming', that's way more than an unfortunate spelling mistake...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      If you meant 'rimming', that's way more than an unfortunate spelling mistake...
      No I googled it to be sure

REM blah blah

Our resident VB6 expert should help…

Comment

Rather entertainingly, if you google 'remming code' it returns lots of voucher sites to get discounts on remington shaving devices.

One suspects it's not as ubiquitous a term as our esteemed OP thinks?
        Last edited by ladymuck; 25 June 2021, 08:29.

Comment

Where is DimPrawn when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Rather entertainingly, if you google 'remming code' it returns lots of voucher sites to get discounts on remington shaving devices.

One suspects it's not as ubiquitous a term as our esteemed OP thinks?
            Us code kiddies know it well

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot.../rem-statement

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Oh I know what REM is, it's the word 'remming' I'm having some fun with.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Oh I know what REM is, it's the word 'remming' I'm having some fun with.
                "n (psychology) the conscious exclusion of unacceptable thoughts or desires. Synonyms: onderdrukking, oppressie, overheersing, repressie, verdringing, verdrukking Type of: abstinentie, onthouding. act or practice of refraining from indulging an appetite."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Where is DimPrawn when you need him?
                  No idea, a lot of the old users seem to have left. Prawny, MF, and a lot of others. Not sure why I bother posting here really. The glory days of fun and humour died, it's all political now.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I remember typing in code with my middle school teacher into the single BBC micro the school had, circa 1983.

It was a basic program we were manually typing from a magazine or book.

It had lots of REM statements for comments.

Knowing what REM comments were from my Spectrum basic programming experience, I told the teacher 'i dont think we need to type these REM comments', but he didn't get it and so i had to type them all in.
                    Last edited by Fraidycat; 25 June 2021, 12:49.

Comment

Working...
                    X