• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enterprise car hire - don't get a speeding fine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise car hire - don't get a speeding fine

Incompetence indeed.....

Had hire car for a month when some young lass managed to ram into the side of Mrs PCs merc. All OK.
    Until I noticed a random charge for £35 about two weeks after the car went back.

So I phoned the depot. Nope got to ask customer services. Its probably an admin charge for speeding fine. Email this address but you can't phone.

Yesterday, they got back to me. Speeding incident was 6 weeks ago. My fault, apparently, because I didn't check the email address on the rental agreement so they send the letter to the insurance company. Nice lies there - I had a copy of the rental agreement emailed to me on the first day.

Anyway, it was a sunday afternoon. Its been 6 weeks now. Buggered if it I know if it was the mrs or me driving......
    Enterprise don't seem to get that their incompetence has caused this hassle.

I've seen the NIP sent to enterprise but not had one sent to me by the Police. I'm hoping Enterprises incompetence extends to forgetting to send the NIP back too.

Good new is the offence was 3 years and 1 month after my last speed awareness. Whew....

Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

You seem to have a lot of bad luck.

Either that or you are a moron?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Only poor people and permies need to speed.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's definitely their fault that you broke the law.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Only poor people and permies need to speed.
          Why are you so wise in the ways of science? At certain level that actually makes sense.

Comment

Have you had this sort of things happening to you all your life?

Comment

You paid by credit card?

Put into dispute.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                You seem to have a lot of bad luck.

Either that or you are a moron?
                nah tosser

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  You paid by credit card?

Put into dispute.
                  Not bothered about the £35. More about the grief they've caused me by fannying around...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Not bothered about the £35. More about the grief they've caused me by fannying around...
                    putting it into dispute returns the favour! If they have charged you for a service they haven't completed correctly they need to refund but the credit card company will take it pretty seriously and make their life unpleasant.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X