• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garden Wars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy the bread? You can mek it at home for free!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Buy the bread? You can mek it at home for free!
      "Make" would use more energy then buying stale bread.

Just use the bits leftover or the crusts your kids refuse to eat.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        The irony is that within a couple of years those chopped branches will grow back thicker and busher than ever!
        Sadly not, it's a fir.

But with the side open like that the tweety birds will have a fecking field day.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I'd use trained grey squirrels to take over the nest.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Sadly not, it's a fir.

But with the side open like that the tweety birds will have a fecking field day.
            OK plan B - Dig up the tree, and replace it with a row of Leylandii. That'll keep the neighbours busy in a couple of years!

Edit: I think it's perfectly legal to let Leylandii grow to roof-top height
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

OK plan B - Dig up the tree, and replace it with a row of Leylandii. That'll keep the neighbours busy in a couple of years!

Edit: I think it's perfectly legal to let Leylandii grow to roof-top height

What an evil idea.

The problem with leylandii is stopping the feckers when they get to roof height.

I well remember next door's "miniature pines" which were 40 feet tall in 3 years.

There's another further up the road that's easily 45 to 50 feet, and must be about 10 to 15 feet across at the base.

The jackdaws & crows love it.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Only cut it in half? The ancient art of "topiary" allows for a much broader range of shapes and outlines..

Comment

Code:
                  Sadly not, it's a fir.
                  True. Hacked back my hedge years ago and they all died. I still feel guilty.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X