• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign nurses and doctors no longer welcome.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Rather a strange comment on a contractor forum isn't it? Aren't most contractors working in that situation?
    I suppose if it was made in reference to contractors it might be.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but if I was buying lawnmowers and the foreign ones were 5 times more likely to blow up and kill you...

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Being told that you are not wanted, and that the organisation that you work for is actively working to remove you could be upsetting to some.
        Citation needed. That's just a sensationalist summary by the OP to distort what the utterly ignorant Dido Harding intends.

There's no point replacing them but we need to get more UK staff skilled up and off their backsides. Part of this would be to limit university places to the academically competent and encourage more vocational routes to those in their 3rd year at high schools.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Maybe it's just me, but if I was buying lawnmowers and the foreign ones were 5 times more likely to blow up and kill you...
          Or just suggest to the importer that quality control on imports be improved, since the vast majority are perfectly fine and we'd have a national mower shortage without them.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Citation needed. That's just a sensationalist summary by the OP to distort what the utterly ignorant Dido Harding intends.

There's no point replacing them but we need to get more UK staff skilled up and off their backsides. Part of this would be to limit university places to the academically competent and encourage more vocational routes to those in their 3rd year at high schools.
            No argument from me. This whole thread is more about Dildo's messaging than anything else, so let's hope she doesn't get the top job she is after. Something tells me she will, though, despite having near zero experience in this field.

Comment

I would ignore her comments. There is currently a massive influx of immigrants coming in and it is likely that immigration will continue at elevated levels compared to the pre-Brexit era. There will be a much higher number of non-EU immigrants who tend to bring their dependents with them.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/pre...border-control

Numbers, scale and the speed of immigration all matter a lot. Brushing this aside suggests the government knows the new system will not reduce immigration in the way they said would happen. Indeed, it will likely rise - not fall - as a result of the points based system.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 June 2021, 10:47.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Or just suggest to the importer that quality control on imports be improved, since the vast majority are perfectly fine and we'd have a national mower shortage without them.
                Medical schools in India are a joke, you bribe to get in and you bribe when the exams come round.

As only a fraction of misconduct gets caught the ratio of poor doctors from the sub continent is vastly greater than the 5 times that get struck off.

It's a joke that we are reliant on them and its costs much more when we eventually have to settle the claims.

Quality control should be as is being done now, not bringing them in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

dream on, it aint happening

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-b1815367.html

NHS recruits thousands of overseas nurses to work on understaffed wards

Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 June 2021, 11:01.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Anyway, there is going to be a foreign doctor on trial soon, it will be national news, the scale of the accused crimes is staggering.

I don't know if this is them moving a pawn up the board first.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Anyway, there is going to be a foreign doctor on trial soon, it will be national news, the scale of the accused crimes are staggering.

I don't know if this is them moving as pawn up the board first.
                      Harold Shipman style?

Comment

Working...
                      X