• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bezzo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bezzo

Not 1 but 2 stories about Musk-wannabee Bezos today:

Nuclear energy: Fusion plant backed by Jeff Bezos to be built in UK
    A company backed by Amazon's Jeff Bezos is set to build a large-scale nuclear fusion demonstration plant in Oxfordshire.
    Canada's General Fusion is one of the leading private firms aiming to turn the promise of fusion into a commercially viable energy source.
    The new facility will be built at Culham, home to the UK's national fusion research programme.
    It won't generate power, but will be 70% the size of a commercial reactor.
    General Fusion will enter into a long-term commercial lease with the UK Atomic Energy Authority following the construction of the facility at the Culham campus.
    While commercial details have not been disclosed, the development is said to cost around $400m.
    It aims to be operational by 2025.
    petition to make Jeff Bezos' space trip one-way
    Here's the actual petition link: https://www.change.org/p/blue-origin...entry-to-earth
    Jeff Bezos is actually Lex Luthor, disguised as the supposed owner of a super successful online retail store. However, he's actually an evil overlord hellbent on global domination. We've known this for years. Jeff has worked with the Epsteins and the Knights Templar, as well as the Free Masons to gain control over the whole world. He's also in bed with the flat earth deniers; it's the only way they'll allow him to leave the atmosphere. Meanwhile our government stands by and lets it happen.

This may be our last chance before they enable the 5G microchips and perform a mass takeover.
    I'm not sure which is the more ridiculous.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

You want Crapita and GoFourth building nuclear reactors?

To be fair to Bezos his stuff works including his tax avoidance!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The ridiculous part is fusion, not Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The ridiculous part is fusion, not Jeff
        well tell the Japanese, Americans & EU who have all invested billions in research. If Bezos is funding it he probably believes there is money to be made and the technology will be viable soon.

Have a look at a few of the things the Gates foundation have achieved where the 'experts' failed.

Sorry who are sending people into space?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

well tell the Japanese, Americans & EU who have all invested billions in research.
          Indeed, they'd invested billions in it when I was at school too. Well, the EU didn't exist until I was in big-boy school but that probably only makes it worse.

Comment

Indeed, they'd invested billions in it when I was at school too. Well, the EU didn't exist until I was in big-boy school but that probably only makes it worse.
            Things change, like capabilities. Column store and in memory database were a pipe dream years ago because of the machine abilities back then for example.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Things change, like capabilities. Column store and in memory database were a pipe dream years ago because of the machine abilities back then for example.
              Indeed many of the big issues (sustaining plasma and venting heat) are nearly solved.

https://www.sciencealert.com/huge-fu...s-clean-energy

once we have nearly free energy then cleaning up the world will be a lot easier.

Comment

People have been claiming fusion power is just around the corner for rather a long time. It's a field I'm interested in so you'll have to forgive my skepticism. It's only 30 years away

Comment

People have been claiming fusion power is just around the corner for rather a long time. It's a field I'm interested in so you'll have to forgive my skepticism. It's only 30 years away
                  Indeed but when of the worlds richest self made men start investing in it one pays attention.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Indeed but when of the worlds richest self made men start investing in it one pays attention.
                    I'd love it to be true but actually, he's the richest man in the world, he probably invests in just about everything

Comment

Working...
                    X