• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dreams of Working From a Beach Risk Turning Into a Tax Nightmare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Nah, it's about some snowflake whining non stop that no one with any fecking sense will pay him/her/it £700/day.

And that it will have to buy a farm for no reason I can understand.
    £700 inside is not that great to be frank. If the role covers about twice your expenses and you can’t differ the taxes, have travel expenses and have a few months on bench at the end, the average take home would be not great.

farm is to escape the nonsense world the previous generation has created. How are you people contracting if can’t put things together from few posts?
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Pork pie gracing british tables since 1390?

https://www.seriouseats.com/how-the-...ed-the-english

Calorific value was big with our ancestors as they burnt about 5000 calories working on the farm/factory.

Much of what we eat is celebration food not normal food.
    your celebration food, as opposed to what your ancestors were eating, might not contain any actual pork meat. No nutritional value and additives to add taste and texture etc.

if you have time google about ultra-processed foods and take it from there

Comment

I thought that the millenial boomer narative was just a few memes in some dark corners of the web but apparently we have tutorials…

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

farm is to escape the nonsense world the previous generation has created. How are you people contracting if can’t put things together from few posts?
        Buy a farm in the UK and there is more nonsense.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
          You might like to watch Mr. Jeremy Clarkson's new show about taking up farming...

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You might like to watch Mr. Jeremy Clarkson's new show about taking up farming...
            Or have a look at "Harry's Farm" on youtube.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Buy a farm in the UK and there is more nonsense.
              my parents have one albeit a modest one, inherited from grandparents and back home.

I am not particularly keen on that area, nature is beautiful, all 4 the seasons as they should be, but on the other part the people and the opportunities are not there...
              I was thinking of selling everything once my parents cannot take care of things and maybe get something around here or France. We'll see how things go.
              Already suggested it to them but they don't seem very fond of the idea. They can't do a lot of the things, only grow some corn, chickens. And grapes for wine.

They've struggled with finding people to do work from time to time as well, most of the people from around there are in the West (working or stealing) ironically.

Food will become very important I think over the next decade or two and eating organically produced food would be best.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              actually did, it is quite a lot to manage but if you do not have all the expenses that he did, amortise the equipment in time and maybe focus on something else other then sheep ... he had 82k in subsidies and probably another hundred in crops. can't remember.

but at the end his conclusion was that it was a challenge but he wouldn't have done it any different. there is something to the countryside that is appealing.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Or have a look at "Harry's Farm" on youtube.
              Watched actually quite a few of his video until I've seen the Brexit sticker on his old Land Rover. The silly old boy playing innocent and international just to show his true nature from time to time...

He also was ranting about how the european union does not allow pesticides or GM while at the same time claiming he cares about the local fauna. Hope he got the gov bailout now but from the cars in his garage he'll probably be ok.

Comment

Working...
              X