• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets play guess the clients name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets play guess the clients name

Makes me laugh when an agent goes out of their way to not say the name of their client.

A bit like playing a game of Guess Who.

Need to ask questions like:

Is your client owned by a fat man with bad hair who owns a fancy superyacht in Monaco? Yes/No

Is your client responsible for providing 65% of children's calorie intake as ultra-processed foods? Yes/No

Is your client a consortium of interesting business-ish people based in the Middle East(a bank/s) that help hide dodgy money? Yes/No

Back to LinkedIn for me

I just tend to say that I can't confirm if I'm interested in working with the client unless I know who the client is.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I just tend to say that I can't confirm if I'm interested in working with the client unless I know who the client is.
      Same for me. What is their ESG score? I won't work for any company that is not at or close to carbon neutral.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

This ..... if the agency can't tell me the client then I'm not interested.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The agency would always ask whats your rate and I would say my rate is dependent on the client and your credit rating.
          This would start a game of cat and mouse that would go
          Them "well my client is a market leader in schlongs"
          Me: "well my rate is between X & Y" usually £10 less than my normal rate and £6000 per day.
          Them: "My client cant pay the top end"
          Me: "unless you tell me who the client is that range is all you are getting"
          Me: "by the way I cant do a credit check on your agency at the moment so you might have to add more to that depending on the results"
          Them:"my client won an award for schlongery in 1982 oh and their car park won an award in 1987"
          Me: "well my rate is between X & Y"

Eventually I would get there.
          It would take a few minutes.

On one occasion the client was De Toilet (Deloitte) where upon I said my rate is actually £3,000,000 a day! and I haven't done a credit check on your agency yet, so I might have to add to that!
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Same for me. What is their ESG score? I won't work for any company that is not at or close to carbon neutral.
            No cryptotwaddle miners then...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

No cryptotwaddle miners then...
              No I won't work for any Chinese crypto miners...

I might work for Icelandic crypto miners though.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

No I won't work for any Chinese crypto miners...

I might work for Icelandic crypto miners though.
                Careful what you wish for. They will make you listen to Bjork.

Comment

This. Then add "I've been contracting for long enough to know not to share client names with other agents; it's not like I want them sending another five competing cvs over, is it?"

Lets them know you're not green enough to give anything away about any other prospects too.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Careful what you wish for. They will make you listen to Bjork.
                    I happen to like some of Bjork's music.

Comment

Working...
                    X