• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    In the past I've seen many permies in the private sector with this sort of attitude - the hours of nine-to-five are only a sort of penance in order to pick up their paycheck. Maybe I'm wrong but I just assumed it is more widespread in the public sector.
    Yes I've seen this bizarre attitude in both private and public sector. If you haven't suffered you haven't earnt your pay cheque. Pay is a reward for staring at a screen for the hours on your contract of employment. Sat near one guy one time who did exactly that, just sat there maybe surfing the web sometimes but mostly just staring at the screen, he would leave bang on 5pm, could set your watch by it. He gave me one hell of a glare one day, I remember working my arse off all day while he sat there gormless, then when I left at 4.57 instead of 5 or later I got tutted and glared at. Had me chuckling all the way to my car. Nutters.

I think it must stem from childhood, reward for suffering, can't leave the class till teacher says, that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
      tulip... I've been rumbled again! I'm the big bloke with the tash and news paper with the holes in it that sits in the corner looking shifty.
      Oh right!

I thought you would be fat, ginger and would be walking around with a light sabre humming the tune to star wars

Comment

Originally posted by The Farmer
        Oh right!

I thought you would be fat, ginger and would be walking around with a light sabre humming the tune to star wars

Well... I'm not fat!

daaa daa du du du daa daa....
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Well... I'm not fat!

I thought you would be "big boned", ginger and would be walking around with a light sabre humming the tune to star wars

Comment

Oh right!

And you did say "big"

Comment

I'm just trying to put you off the scent, you could be anybody... a permy spy sent on here to infiltrate and weed out those lazy ass contractors??!!

I am still not fat... no really!
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm just trying to put you off the scent, you could be anybody... a permy spy sent on here to infiltrate and weed out those lazy ass contractors??!!

I am still not fat... no really!

You are an EDS "consultant" and I claim my £5

Comment

You are an EDS "consultant" and I claim my £5
                  How dare you!!!

I maybe in 3-4 months time if I play my cards right!

Comment

How dare you!!!

Comment

How dare you!!!

why on earth would anybody wanna be EDS consultant

Comment

Working...
                      X