• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More energy saving tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More energy saving tips

As we enter the final days before the Climate Catastrophe takes all our lives, here's some energy saving tips to push the day of reckoning out another few days or so.

https://www.theguardian.com/big-ener...onge-letterbox

Hope this helps.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

I actually follow all those tips anyway, apart from 2 and 7. Before I have a shower I set my hot water to on for 2 1/2 mins, provides all the hot water I need.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Useless for me.

I'm currently virtually always at home and I'm an insomniac.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Energy companies need to make £X profit from c consumption and t tariffs. If c decreases then t has to increase. You will be paying the same for less but you will save the planet from boiling.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I diligently followed all these tips and with the money I saved bought a couple of cheap flights from London to Dublin. That was the point, wasn't it?

Comment

I saved money by not washing my under pants and now my wife has kicked me out, I live on the street burning papers to keep warm. Do I win?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              I diligently followed all these tips and with the money I saved bought a couple of cheap flights from London to Dublin. That was the point, wasn't it?
              No London to New York or London to Auckland? What a waste of time.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Isaveenergybynotusingunneccesaryspacesasin"under pants".EachbytesenttohundredsofPCsprobablyusesatle astamillivolt!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BOJO View Post
                  I diligently followed all these tips including wearing my underpants for 10 days and with the money I saved I got the taxpayer to buy a couple of cheap flights from London to Cornwall. That was the point, wasn't it?
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have a combi boiler so #3 happens automatically - it only fires up to heat water when I run the hot tap. I guess there are still a loads of traditional boilers with hot water tanks knocking about.

#1 is hard to achieve because it take a couple of minutes for hot water to come through to my shower so the stop/start nature would result in a mostly cold shower and I'm not brave enough for that.

The others I tend to do anyway, more or less. I don't drink tea but my coffee machine only heats water on demand according to the button pressed.

Comment

Working...
                    X