• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will there be travel restrictions this summer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post

Yes, reinstate the ancient Kingdom of Wessex immediately and seal our borders to keep the disease ridden riff-raff out!

(actually Cornwall was never in Wessex but we'll let 'em in this time)
    As a Wessex resident I totally agree ... you may not be part of 'us', being in Cornwall, but if we lock out borders it'll stop all the riff-raff from heading West long the A303 so they won't get to you lot either
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

warty and gricer, - a marriage made in heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

As a Wessex resident I totally agree ... you may not be part of 'us', being in Cornwall, but if we lock out borders it'll stop all the riff-raff from heading West long the A303 so they won't get to you lot either
        The border is a bit of a moveable feast, judging by my 30 second scan of wikipedia...

Comment

Will there be travel this summer?

That’s a better question

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The border is a bit of a moveable feast, judging by my 30 second scan of wikipedia...
            I'm more than happy to redraw that border much further west.

The Cley Hill roundabout sounds about right.

Comment

How inneresting

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I didn't think so before but I'm starting to think we are in the crap. I went out for the first time on Friday with the other half. We wanted to wait a bit rather than dash out as soon as it's open so it calms down a bit. First bloody trip out and we get a covid alert saying we need to lock down. I was ****ing livid. All our tests come back negative. Four days later my lad tests positive for covid. A bunch of his mates have and we are hearing stories of other people in the area that all took the lock down seriously. One trip out and we are back in lockdown for 10 days. Can't believe it.

Indicatations in my area are that this is running absolutely riot. At this rate I can see restrictions coming in very soon.
                Apparently it is the young driving the infection rates as they meet more people. Well as they go to school and college and tend to work in things like hospitality it isn't surprising.

Just seen a council email saying they are surge testing in parts of my borough and telling me to do the useless lateral flow tests..

​​​​
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I suppose we're now getting into the nuance of of does infection still have the same dire consequences as it did this time last year?

I don't think it does, although I don't have stats to back that up.

It's (on a very tenuous level) a bit like HIV/AIDS - initially a diagnosis was a death sentence. Now, if you have access to the right drugs, it's a chronic illness that can be managed. The main difference here is that the scientific community have achieved that transition in a year rather than many decades.

Yes, infection rates are going up, but what is the clinical outcome? Hospitals have very few covid patients, people are still dying (because that's what all alive things will eventually do) but the flawed measurement approach makes it hard to tell if covid was the primary cause of death or if it was a bus, or a stabbing, or that great big tumour which the NHS was too busy to remove.

Comment

Neighbour just got back from Wales. sounded miserable. Busy everywhere, no tables available at restaurants.

Could you be bothered, I know people want a holiday, but there are limits.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                      Neighbour just got back from Wales. sounded miserable. Busy everywhere, no tables available at restaurants.

Could you be bothered, I know people want a holiday, but there are limits.

Holiday in Wales was mal's plan B.

Comment

Working...
                      X