• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All Your Data Belongs To Us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

It's anonymised unless a judge decides otherwise but there are plenty of anti-vax cretins who think it's a conspiracy theory.
    You should see the Venn diagram of covid cretins and climate cretins

It's most surprising to see you talking out your arse.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You should see the Venn diagram of covid cretins and climate cretins
      Indeed, there is a significant overlap
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Will DOB and postcode be in database?

Gender obviously will be
        The government haven't made it clear what data they will be selling.

However as medical records include socio-economic information and they do need to use postcodes as environmental factors do influence illnesses, if the researcher can be bothered they can find out a lot about you and actually identify you.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I presume this would be the first step before allowing companies to make private quotes for health insurance in the uk? Or whar would be the purpose of data being shared?

they wouldn’t just bring it up all of a sudden…

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            I presume this would be the first step before allowing companies to make private quotes for health insurance in the uk? Or whar would be the purpose of data being shared?

Camoron's government tried this then due to the outcry stopped.

This time they are trying to sneak it through.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

if only there was a way for people to find out the answer to this very simple question.....

https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-mat...ation-is-used/

Who cannot use confidential patient information

Access to confidential patient information will not be given for:
              • marketing purposes
              • insurance purposes

(unless you request this)
              I also love the complete ignorance most people have on these matters until someone tells them to be outraged, you are up in arms that your GP data might be used by a private company? Your GP is a private company!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hmmm. Not sure if I can be arsed to do anything about it or not. Nowt in my NHS records of interest to anyone.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

if only there was a way for people to find out the answer to this very simple question.....

https://www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-mat...ation-is-used/

I also love the complete ignorance most people have on these matters until someone tells them to be outraged, you are up in arms that your GP data might be used by a private company? Your GP is a private company!
                  People hear the US stories and extrapolate them to here.

Personally because I know people who have used medical records for research purposes who have pointed out they can identify people I prefer my records not to be used.

Comment

Simply put, it's my personal data and I have the right to decide what happens to it.

I have decided that I don't want my data used for anything not directly linked to my care.

I would be happy to have my data used for research purposes but the descriptions given are too broad and open to interpretation, such that I feel I would not retain control.

I want to know exactly who and exactly what each time there is a request to access my data so I can decide if I want my information to be included. The system can't handle that level of granularity and, until it can, it doesn't get my info.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I would be happy to have my data used for research purposes but the descriptions given are too broad and open to interpretation, such that I feel I would not retain control.
                      Zackly. No need for conspiracy theories here - the wording is vague for a reason, namely to allow for future flexibility in how they choose to disambiguate from codes to individuals. Changing your mind later only changes your mind for updates after that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X