• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last HST From London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last HST From London

Last HST from London

and I was on it. There's actually some symmetry to this too as I was on the very first HST from Bristol Temple Meads to London in 1976 though the beast that left London last week was a very different animal to that original with its screaming Paxman Valenta engines.

All very sad; I shall miss the buffet car and the comfort of the seats. In fact, I am not going to be travelling much on the main line anymore as I just can't bear the ghastly Hirohito's revenge that has come to replace it. Small, cramped, hard, uncomfortable seats and the person who does the trolley service seems to be under the impression that it's a competition to get from one end of the train to the other as fast as possible.

Blink and you've missed them.

Though I did chuckle the other day when I read that BR have had to lay on old rolling stock as it seems that after 5 minutes service, the carriages on the Hitachi have started to develop cracks

Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
    and the person who does the trolley service seems to be under the impression that it's a competition to get from one end of the train to the other as fast as possible.

Blink and you've missed them.
    Inneresting.

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
    and if you're lucky you may get the opportunity to purchase refreshments from our trolley service but blink and you'll miss it as our staff to like entertain themselves by seeing how fast they can dash from one end of the train to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Inneresting.
      Fack off greenfly

Comment

I'd like to understand why there is this weird obsession thing about trains and odd stories of no real interest or relevance?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          I'd like to understand why there is this weird obsession thing about trains and odd stories of no real interest or relevance?

That sums up 90% of the content here.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            That sums up 90% of the content here.
            "trains and odd stories of no real interest or relevance"

The logical-AND operator ( && ) has higher precedence than the logical-OR operator ( || )
            HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"trains and odd stories of no real interest or relevance"

HTH BIDI
              I think you demonstrated that perfectly.

Comment

AtW knows the answer He and Ravenshaw are on sockie alert
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Wait a while & we'll be discussing bubble fronted dmus until the oceans boil.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                  X