• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iphone doesn't tell me when I get a message from my wife

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone doesn't tell me when I get a message from my wife

Why? Other people send me messages and it makes a noise, but all my wife's messages are silent. Please help. And no, it's not in silent mode, it rings and other people send texts that ding.

I don't have an IPhone, but I assume each contact can have a custom ringtone and message alert tone and your wife's is set to silent?

That, or there's a mistress mode and it doesn't make a sound when the wife is trying to contact you?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

You're enjoying silence from the wife? Many a married man would pay dearly to have that

Comment

No, it actually is a massive problem trying to explain why I didn't respond to her messages, especially when I plainly got them.

Comment

That's funny, my iphone tells me when I get a message from your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            You're enjoying silence from the wife? Many a married man would pay dearly to have that
            I think it sounds like he his paying dearly for it

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              I don't have an IPhone, but I assume each contact can have a custom ringtone and message alert tone and your wife's is set to silent?

That, or there's a mistress mode and it doesn't make a sound when the wife is trying to contact you?
              This sounds about right. I don't have an iphone either but I'd be surprised if my Pixel had a feature (in this case, the ability to set different notifications for different contacts) that wasn't on the iphone.

Comment

Contacts app > find your wife > click on ‘i’ on right hand side > click on ‘edit’ too right hand corner > scroll down to ‘text tone’ and set to default (or select whichever one you prefer)

Comment

Turn off the Silent Treatment option in General -> Messages -> Wife

Comment

Turn off wife by pointing her to your posts here.

Comment

Working...
                    X