• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't panic!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't panic!

""Health officials are investigating a so-called “triple mutant” coronavirus variant in Yorkshire, but have told the public "please don't be alarmed".

So far just 49 cases of the strain, named VUI-21MAY-01 or AV.1, have been recorded mostly in the Yorkshire and Humber region.

Public Health England has said there is no evidence to suggest it is any more transmissible than other variants or that vaccines are less effective.

The new variant has a "strange combination of mutations" and has been classified as a variant under investigation with extra testing and tracing being carried out.

Downing Street said this lunchtime that the variant is being monitored and stressed "we won't hesitate to put in measures that we think are necessary to try and tackle the transmission of any variants".

It comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson insisted he "can’t see anything" to suggest the country would have to deviate from the June 21 lifting of all restrictions in England. He also ruled out introducing vaccine passports for pubs, despite a Government adviser suggesting the Indian variant is a "major issue" and "may well delay" the roadmap"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...cine-lockdown/

The Boycott mutation. This one could be quite unpleasant, and hang around for a while.

Comment

just drop a large rock on it from high orbit.
      nobody'll miss it.

Comment

I ain't giving it to no bugger! Said a Yorkshireman earlier today
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Viruses mutate. All the time.

This is our life now. We will be perptually kept in some form of panic or another over a tweak here and there with rushes to update vaccines, boosters, rolling lockdowns, etc etc.

I'm actually getting mightily fed up of it all. What happened to everything being ok once the old and vulnerable were vaccinated? Why has the goal post moved so that we now have to have almost 100% of the adult population vaccinated? What will be the next hoop once that is achieved? Will we be locked down again because a goat in the Highlands has a bit of a squint that may have been caused by being shat on by a passing seagull?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I'm actually getting mightily fed up of it all. What happened to everything being ok once the old and vulnerable were vaccinated? Why has the goal post moved so that we now have to have almost 100% of the adult population vaccinated? What will be the next hoop once that is achieved? Will we be locked down again because a goat in the Highlands has a bit of a squint that may have been caused by being shat on by a passing seagull?
            I think its because it has the potential to send 10-15% of infected patients to hospital as it happened in India. That will be a big number so every adult should be vaccinated. The latest variant in india and brazil were even affecting kids and young people which is worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Viruses mutate. All the time.

This is our life now. We will be perptually kept in some form of panic or another over a tweak here and there with rushes to update vaccines, boosters, rolling lockdowns, etc etc.

Also some people aren't getting the vaccine you need I think>70/80% to get herd immunity.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X