• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People in Bolton banned from travelling to Scotland over Covid variant fears

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People in Bolton banned from travelling to Scotland over Covid variant fears

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...lling-20650039

What will they do, check your postcode?

When I read crap like this it makes me think the human race is ending.

"Are we as a species actually becoming stupid?

In an article in London Review of Books (14 Dec 2017) Nick Richardson writes:
    There are so many signs that we're on the cusp of a new dark age. Religion is on the rise, as are the number of believers in astrology and conspiracy theories, and average IQ is falling: according to one psychology professor at the University of Amsterdam it has fallen among Westerners by as many as 14 points since the beginning of the 20th century. The pace of technological development is slowing.
    He goes on to record the rise in Flat Earth believers.
    Is this sufficient evidence that we are becoming stupider, for there is in fact no real reason for our species becoming smarter, as once believed?"
    Last edited by mallisarealperson; 21 May 2021, 15:51.

Yes they might well ask you where you live. This would hardly be an unusual way of doing things in a country where people do not routinely carry ID.
    Although if they have your bank card details, they can presumably check the registered address.

Why are people from Bolton wanting to visit Scotland anyway?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Yes they might well ask you where you live. This would hardly be an unusual way of doing things in a country where people do not routinely carry ID.
      Although if they have your bank card details, they can presumably check the registered address.

Why are people from Bolton wanting to visit Scotland anyway?
      What complete tosh.

Comment

My point was Bolton is in england part of the UK.

How do they differentiate between bolton, Greater Manchester and England.

Through the whole pandemic all I see is Nicola Sturgeon using it as political football.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
          My point was Bolton is in england part of the UK.

How do they differentiate between bolton, Greater Manchester and England.

Through the whole pandemic all I see is Nicola Sturgeon using it as political football.
          She's asked the Scots not to travel to those places but I don't see how it's possible to check if someone going to Scotland is from the infested areas unless they drive, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

She's asked the Scots not to travel to those places but I don't see how it's possible to check if someone going to Scotland is from the infested areas unless they drive, perhaps.
            One wonders why she'd need to ask anyone not to travel to Bolton, but if they did, if they turned their sat-navs and phones off for the last few miles, nobody should ever know...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

There was always the joke about London and the rest of the UK. But if we were to build a wall.... could we just build it just about now?

Maybe join the EU at the end as well...

Comment

Not sure if anyone has seen the news , but there is a Yorkshire Mutant Variant, check out the Telegraph online.

Comment

If you live in Bolton and you drive your car to Scotland a camera will pick you up and issue you a fine. No-one is going to check a pedestrian.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    If you live in Bolton and you drive your car to Scotland a camera will pick you up and issue you a fine. No-one is going to check a pedestrian.
                    Excatly, you'd have to drive in and in your own car. Hire a car, take a train, bus, walk or fly there and you'll be fine.

As Mal says, it's more nonsense posturing from the fish lady.

Comment

Working...
                    X