• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer of Disorder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Not quite sure why they are rioting, some poor sod collapses and dies with no apparent suggestion of foul play and they start setting fire to cars, this place is getting as nutty as the US of A.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...n-see-20645681
    They all looked like the usual feral chavs you find in these horrible towns and cities.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Glasgow had quite a bit of football related mental last week. While not unusual, grouping up and targeting the police like what happened is defo not usual.

I sense crazy in the air.
      And that was the fans of one team celebrating a victory. On Friday 18th June, Scotland play England. If that goes badly for the Scots (I'm being kind to them by using 'if' where 'when' seems more appropriate) one ought to expect quite a lot of mental.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

They all looked like the usual feral chavs you find in these horrible towns and cities.
        Swindon in the summer?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Not quite sure why they are rioting, some poor sod collapses and dies with no apparent suggestion of foul play and they start setting fire to cars, this place is getting as nutty as the US of A.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...n-see-20645681
          It's a bunch of Swansea Jacks, they've barely got enough brain cells to rub together.

"Twin Town (1997)" was a documentary.

It was bad enough 45 years ago when I used to fix tellys up there.

It's the fecking wild west now.

The Esteemed Establishment wherein I spent 14 years of my preretirement isn't very far from there.

The one good thing about moving the thing down the docks was that it's much further away from the yobbery.

Apart from the Esteemed Customers of course.

It's one of life's little ironies that the area with the most fantastic views over Swansea Bay is inhabited by morlocks.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

And that was the fans of one team celebrating a victory. On Friday 18th June, Scotland play England. If that goes badly for the Scots (I'm being kind to them by using 'if' where 'when' seems more appropriate) one ought to expect quite a lot of mental.
            Unlikely seeing as how the celebtrating 'fans' were Rangers fans who generally support England anyway.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
            X