• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris saves the Union from potentially devastating referendum!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Not wanting to nit pick, but does anyone besides minestrone say "out with" these days instead of "outside"?
    Mudskipper does

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Mel Gibson also made The Patriot…
      and the Passion of Christ, _and_ Captain Christian in Mutiny on the Bounty.

Seems like he's cornered the market in playing put-upon rebels!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Not wanting to nit pick, but does anyone besides minestrone say "out with" these days instead of "outside"?
        Scottish Twitter users 'shocked' after discovering the word 'outwith' is only used in Scotland - Daily Record

I didn't know that. I think the space was added for me when I typed it.

Comment

well he made a few anti semetic slurs as well, no wonder the left & extremists love him.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As for debts lets just follow the Barnet formula so those that had the most pay the most.

Were I Boris after apologising to my ex wifes and various "Baby Mamas" I would say - fine have your own self funded independence vote after you have created a fully costed separation agreement we can all agree on. That way no repeat of Brexit confusion and we can be clear where all the money comes from.

One does wonder if in a decades time we will have another generation of financial refugees wearing kilts and crying into their Tesco Haggis about how they miss the old country but there is no work up there.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              As for debts lets just follow the Barnet formula so those that had the most pay the most.

Were I Boris after apologising to my ex wifes and various "Baby Mamas" I would say - fine have your own self funded independence vote after you have created a fully costed separation agreement we can all agree on. That way no repeat of Brexit confusion and we can be clear where all the money comes from.

One does wonder if in a decades time we will have another generation of financial refugees wearing kilts and crying into their Tesco Haggis about how they miss the old country but there is no work up there.
              you really deserve to live in Slough, you really do.
              a true jingoistic little Englander pencilneck.
              oh, and a total tosser.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Scottish Twitter users 'shocked' after discovering the word 'outwith' is only used in Scotland - Daily Record

I didn't know that. I think the space was added for me when I typed it.
                I had a feeling it was more of a Scots usage.

There's another similar word that used to mean the same thing "without". Obviously these days that usually means "lacking", and most people would be baffled by seeing it used to mean "outside", except maybe whe combined with its opposite, e.g. "They searched the whole building, both within and without".
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

oh, and a total tosser.
                  oh dear my sense of humour has upset someone.

You don't know any Scottish expats down here for work?

Do you believe Scotland leaving would be a success?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Do you believe Scotland leaving would be a success?
                    It certainly will be for the goal of gaining Independence.

Next!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

oh, and a total tosser.
                      Actually I apologise for the Scottish refugee comment, it is probably a little rude.

So do you agree with setting out a validated transition document before a referendum? As it is your second go at a referendum you can fund it from Scottish taxes?

Personally I would like to see Sturgeon to run Scotland properly before she drags the Scottish into independence and probable poverty.

So far she hasn't really excelled.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...n-uk-countries

Scots can expect to live fewer years than the English, Welsh or Northern Irish. Since the pre-devolution period, life expectancy for Scottish men increased at a broadly similar rate to that in the other UK nations (by roughly 4½ years, which is slightly less than England but slightly more than Wales). Life expectancy for Scottish women has fallen somewhat further behind that in England.

https://inews.co.uk/news/scotland/pi...e-maths-370433

Pisa results 2019: Scotland records worst-ever performance in science and maths

The Pisa results saw Scotland achieve its lowest scores in maths and science since it first took part in the survey almost 20 years ago

https://theconversation.com/scottish...he-data-150339

Scotland spends considerably more (per child) on pre-tertiary education than any region in England (£6,191 per child against £5,216 in England – and the latter includes the London weighting).
                      https://www.beltramiandcompany.co.uk...ful-urban-area

A recent study by the Institute for Economics and Peace reveals that, while the UK is 11% less violent than a decade ago, Glasgow is the least peaceful of all the major urban areas, with London ranked as the second most violent.

Scotland, according to the figures, has the highest homicide rate of the four home nations. It also has the highest violent crime rate, at almost 1,600 violent crimes per 100,000 people; this is almost double the violent crime rate in Wales, the most peaceful home nation. When compared against the other 11 UK regions, Scotland is the second most violent region, beaten to the bottom only by London.

The report found that Glasgow has major issues with gangs and knife crime. Recent studies have found that up to 3,500 members between the ages of 11 and 23 have joined one of the 170 street gangs within the city’s borders. Furthermore, the homicide rate for Glasgow males between 10 and 29 is comparable to rates of Argentina, Costa Rica and Lithuania.
                      This is after 20 years of devolution and higher per capita spending.

Comment

Working...
                      X