• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris saves the Union from potentially devastating referendum!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Westminster and Holyrood should thrash out a deal for separation and then the Scottish electorate get to to vote on that. It's far better than an independence ideology where no two people have the same notion of what they're voting for (ahem b****t)

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      It doesn't matter whether the SNP have a one seat majority or not, if the Scottish parliament votes for an independence referendum Boris has a problem, a big problem.
      You have a plan to divide the assets (or in the case of Scotland, the debts) ?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

School history lesson in a few decades...

Teacher: Does anyone know what Prime Minister Boris Johnson is remembered for?
        Pupil: Yes Miss. He was the one who took us out of the EU and caused the breakup of the United Kingdom.
        Teacher: That's right. Anything else?
        Pupil: Wasn't there a big scandal with him and some woman?
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

SNP don't want a referendum anyway, they started a fund for another referendum few years ago, raised 600k and have now spent it ( the party is nearly broke ). The story goes that Sturgeon's husband wouldn't hand over the bank accounts to a finance committee who wanted to know where the money is and they all resigned. Now the police are involved.

Expect the next few years to be about fleeing money out of the followers to keep the family business going.

They would not win a referendum anyway, and they know it, they can't when they don't have a currency plan. That is why they lost the last one and 7 years later they still don't have one. Which shows you how much a piss take it really is. May, and now Boris, are right to tell them to feck off.

The Scottish Parliament has 129 MSPs to run one major city, one proper motorway, about 12 hospitals, 5 power stations, a disused airport and a decrepit ferry company. If there is to be another referendum I want a referendum to get rid of the joke parliament.
          Last edited by minestrone; 9 May 2021, 07:13.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            ...one major city, one proper motorway, about 12 hospitals, 5 power stations, a disused airport and a decrepit ferry company...
            I've never actually been to Scotland but it doesn't sound like I've missed much. I always thought it was just the weather that was shyte.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

You have a plan to divide the assets (or in the case of Scotland, the debts) ?
              Debt should be divided based on median wealth and population surely? So the bulk of the debt should fall onto those living in London and the South East of England.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Anyway here is how it will pan out...

3 years of crowd funded court cases, lots of "go back to yur houses and prepare yurself and yur family for freedom" crap. Some unsanctioned vote in 2024 as they cannot pass a law to have a real one, unionists will ignore it. Another election in 2025 with lots of "we won a referendum by 90%" tulipe, the Sturgeons about a million quid better off.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  The Greens will vote with them for one. But as the parliament is not allowed to vote for a referendum ( it is out with their legislative competence ) ...
                  Not wanting to nit pick, but does anyone besides minestrone say "out with" these days instead of "outside"?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

I've never actually been to Scotland but it doesn't sound like I've missed much. I always thought it was just the weather that was shyte.
                    It's a great place, especially the Highlands, apart from the pestilential swarms of midges in summer! (I read somewhere that wasps, which would normally predate midges, find Highland Scotland too damp for their liking and cold in the winter.)

I found the Scots were friendly to English visitors in the 1970s, when I had a summer student job with the Forestry Commission. But last time I visited Edinburgh in the early 2000s quite a few Scots I encountered seemed to have a surly and hostile edge, and I don't think it was me who had changed enough to account for that. I blame bloody Mel Gibson and Braveheart!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Mel Gibson also made The Patriot…

Comment

Working...
                      X