• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nothing here about the British sending warships to the former French channel islands?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing here about the British sending warships to the former French channel islands?

I mean, isn't it time we returned those islands to their rightful French ownership?

Whilst we are at it, return the Malvinas to Argentina, Gibraltar to Spain, Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland and Scotland back to, errrr, Scotland?

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

I'm sure the Daily Mail brigade on this forum is bursting with pride

Comment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...therlands.html

Power struggle: UK plans to counter French threat to pull plug on Jersey by laying under-sea cable to Netherlands
      Anyone see a flaw in this plan to solve the stand-off?

Comment

There is a specific sub forum for this issue....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          I mean, isn't it time we returned those islands to their rightful French ownership?

Whilst we are at it, return the Malvinas to Argentina, Gibraltar to Spain, Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland and Scotland back to, errrr, Scotland?
          Being Brexit related its in the Sub forum.

Jeez I assume you are trolling?

Rightful owners? If they vote to stay part of the UK then they are with their rightful owners. The minute the Falkland islanders decide they want to become part of Argentina (stolen by Spain from the natives) then I am sure we will release them.

You do know almost every part of the world changed hands in history.

Maybe the Greeks still own Egypt? The Italians own France? etc.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            There is a specific sub forum for this issue....
            What, a sub-forum for handing back land that belongs rightfully to other nations?

Comment

Nothing here except this thread...

https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...diplomacy.html

Comment

What, a sub-forum for handing back land that belongs rightfully to other nations?
                You mean like Calais?

Comment

You mean give the Malvinas back to France/Spain. Depending on who you believe was there first.

Interesting when you look at territories held by different countries. Britain was not the only Colonial Empire.

How far back in time do we go. Give wales back to the celts. America back to the first Nations. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

You mean give the Malvinas back to France/Spain. Depending on who you believe was there first.

Interesting when you look at territories held by different countries. Britain was not the only Colonial Empire.

How far back in time do we go. Give wales back to the celts. America back to the first Nations. etc.
                    he is trolling!

There were natives before the France & Spain. I think the invaders wiped them out as usual.
                    Last edited by vetran; 6 May 2021, 11:53.

Comment

Working...
                    X