• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any watches addicts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Don't see the point of having something on your wrist that potentially someone will cut your hand off for.

But I do like seeing them repaired in a geeky sort of way.

qh
    Oh the hours I've spent watching them refurb watches, particulary the really really old ones. Saw a tank commanders one which was absolutely knackered. Such an art.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Coincidence. Just got my new one this week...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210428_1127018.jpg Views:	0 Size:	405.4 KB ID:	4159852
      Ah, is that hulk ? A man of culture...

I'm after green gold daytona... if i can ever afford it.
      Last edited by GitMaster69; 28 April 2021, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post

Ah, is that hulk ? A man of culture...

I'm after green gold daytona... if i can ever afford it.
        Yep. I've been after one for years so treated myself as my 50th birthday present. Nearly pulled the trigger approaching it being discontinued and gutted I didn't. Prices went crazy once the news was out so waited until they settled again.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Yep. I've been after one for years so treated myself as my 50th birthday present. Nearly pulled the trigger approaching it being discontinued and gutted I didn't. Prices went crazy once the news was out so waited until they settled again.
          you have relatyionship? I asked about steel daytona, need to spend 50k to get it

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	7-E0-A0-CCE-9-E43-4126-84-D3-3-F49-C3-C73270.jpg Views:	51 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	4159746
            Love it! (If it's mechanical)

The other week I saw in a charity shop a tip-top quality old mechanical sports day timing watch with a label on it saying "needs battery", because the muppet who checked it couldn't get it to work! Paid £5 or similar for it, but is must be worth a good £100 or more.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Love it! (If it's mechanical)
              Quick tip. Never ask anyone with a high quality watch if it's mechanical. The movement is the whole point of a quality watch.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                Don't see the point of having something on your wrist that potentially someone will cut your hand off for.
                Could say the same about wedding/engagement rings. I can't see why someone would cut the hand off though, they point the knife at you and you take it off!

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Could say the same about wedding/engagement rings. I can't see why someone would cut the hand off though, they point the knife at you and you take it off!
                  you take it off, that's what the insurance is for. Peace of mind and cheap!

sleeves help too or not buying full gold
                  Last edited by GitMaster69; 29 April 2021, 11:00.

Comment

Working...
                  X