• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Peleton Bike?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

If your roof doesn't leak it should be fine.
    Sweat .... although aluminium is a big risk (contrary to what 'strone says). This is why most Zwifters drape towels over their handlebars. Indoor cycling creates a lot of sweat (I can lose over a kg after a very hard session!)

http://www.bikeroar.com/tips/why-does-your-bike-stink
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Sweat .... although aluminium is a big risk (contrary to what 'strone says). This is why most Zwifters drape towels over their handlebars. Indoor cycling creates a lot of sweat (I can lose over a kg after a very hard session!)

http://www.bikeroar.com/tips/why-does-your-bike-stink
        Ugh. That's grim.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Ugh. That's grim.
          If you think about it, when you're outside cycling the air wicks away the sweat and may even cool you down so you sweat less. Indoors though there is no air movement (even having multiple fans doesn't help that much) so not only do you sweat more, but that sweat drips onto your bike and floor (so put a waterproof mat under the bike).

Us Zwifters sweat a lot
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

If you think about it, when you're outside cycling the air wicks away the sweat and may even cool you down so you sweat less. Indoors though there is no air movement (even having multiple fans doesn't help that much) so not only do you sweat more, but that sweat drips onto your bike and floor (so put a waterproof mat under the bike).

Us Zwifters sweat a lot
            I didn't want to think about it, thanks, but now I have

Comment

I have a floor fan for this reason. Though my bike has plastic outer.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You can pick up a smart roll on trainer for £200 and a second hand road bike for about £400 with training tyre (slightly harder/quieter than a standard tyre). + a zwift subscription of about a tenner a month. Perfectly adequate.

The Wahoo Element Bolt (Smart GPS map thing) can also switch to indoor mode and lets you simulate real world rides.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  You can pick up a smart roll on trainer for £200 and a second hand road bike for about £400 with training tyre (slightly harder/quieter than a standard tyre). + a zwift subscription of about a tenner a month. Perfectly adequate.

The Wahoo Element Bolt (Smart GPS map thing) can also switch to indoor mode and lets you simulate real world rides.
                  £400 for a second hand bike?! You can get a new one for about £150 (and a training tyre for £30). You can often get a 2nd-hand bike for free or pennies if it needs work, if it's for a turbo you presumably don't care too much about things like brakes you just need a drivetrain.

First thing I'd do is replace the saddle for a big comfy one though.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Oopsie

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021...e-information/

Peloton is having a rough day. First, the company recalled two treadmill models following the death of a 6-year-old child who was pulled under one of the devices. Now comes word Peloton exposed sensitive user data, even after the company knew about the leak. No wonder the company’s stock price closed down 15 percent on Wednesday.

Researchers at security consultancy Pen Test Partners on Wednesday reported that a flaw in Peloton’s online service was making data for all of its users available to anyone anywhere in the world, even when a profile was set to private. All that was required was a little knowledge of the faulty programming interfaces that Peloton uses to transmit data between devices and the company’s servers.

Data exposed included:
                    • User IDs
                    • Instructor IDs
                    • Group Membership
                    • Workout stats
                    • Gender and age
                    • Weight
                    • If they are in the studio or not

Ars agreed to withhold another piece of personal data exposed because Peloton is still working to secure it.

Comment

Working...
                    X