• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Peleton Bike?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a Peleton Bike?

Just curious really, people here are probably in the target earnings bracket so anyone use it and care to comment? It seems extortionately expensive compared to what you can get for 25% the price but if you use it every day that's not an unwise investment in your health.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

get a treadmill and you can feed it small children sadly

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dmill%2C%20too.

Safety regulators warned people with kids and pets on Saturday to immediately stop using a treadmill made by Peloton after one child died and nearly 40 others were injured.

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said it received reports of children and a pet being pulled, pinned and entrapped under the rear roller of the Tread+ treadmill, leading to fractures, scrapes and the death of one child.
    How did such a device get released?
    Last edited by vetran; 26 April 2021, 10:34.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have a schwinn spin bike which is almost as expensive, it does not have the screen thing.

The peloton is steel so I'm going to guess it will rust. Spin bikes always do and I wouldn't pay good money for a steel one that will eventually look crap. The schwinn is aluminium. The watts score on these things is not that accurate, maybe 10% away.

You can get garmin peddles that give you accurate scores and I would get them if I was really into spinning, which I'm not.

Comment

I wonder who buy these £2k+ peleton bikes.
        Just buy a normal bike and stick an ipad on it, much cheaper.

Comment

Husbands get them for trophy wives.

Keeps them in the house and lessens the chance they will get rodgered at the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            get a treadmill and you can feed it small children sadly

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dmill%2C%20too.

How did such a device get released?
            I guess it was not designed for small children. Just like power tools, cars, kitchen knives, lawnmowers etc

Comment

Isaac Hayes was found dead next to a still moving treadmill.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

I guess it was not designed for small children. Just like power tools, cars, kitchen knives, lawnmowers etc
                They fit interlocks on power tools and lawnmowers. Knives should be beyond their reach.

Seems sensible that treadmills should have guards at the front.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  I wonder who buy these £2k+ peleton bikes.
                  Just buy a normal bike and stick an ipad on it, much cheaper.
                  As Minny points out, you can buy 'normal' bikes for well over a grand. Although I wonder if those are more commercial-grade bikes so not necessarily better but designed to be used 12 hours a day every day?

If money was no object they look great - remember the subscription is on top of the bike you don't get it included - so are they bought by people who have enough money they don't want to bother doing research and just buy the brand leader?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

They fit interlocks on power tools and lawnmowers. Knives should be beyond their reach.

Seems sensible that treadmills should have guards at the front.
                    In the original video the toddlers were filmed on a security cam unsupervised. And it was at the back of the treadmill. Cannot see how you could safely have a treadmill with Children running around. Same reason you cannot have them loose in a gymnasium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0FLtu82Ng

Comment

Working...
                    X