• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance

Changed insurer a year ago for new insurer at 40% reduction. This year new insurer puts rate up by 20%, old insurer offers 60% off.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

they know that everyone is frustrated and tired and overworked and just wants to get on with their life.

so they increase their level of little games because they know people are more likely to give up...

Comment

My renewal quote with current insurer is cheaper than last year's premium by about £30 and I can save a further £60 by taking out a new policy via a comparison site with the same company.

Comment

Another trick they do is hive off all kinds of benefits into separate packages, so you start with a good quote, but they then gradually persuade you to take on little bits and pieces of extras, like ashtray insurance (hmm, not much, may as well have that), wiper insurance (yes, better have that), tyre insurance (must have that), etc etc, until the total is literally double what it started out!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Each company can slightly change it's risk profile from time to time. Most of them have a general market they are after, Morethan for safer drivers, saga for older etc and will just price everything out of their preferred demographics. The more general ones that will take a wider range of customer will still flex from time to time. If you were in their profile but on the periphery one year they may decided they aren't interested in a certain group and your premium shoots up. Others may want to include new people so will drop rate that might have been high to you before.

Funny old world insurance.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Each company can slightly change it's risk profile from time to time.
            Yeah, the risk of an accident grows the longer somebody stays with the same company - crash into a wall becomes overdue!

That's why I change insurance companies every month.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That's why I change my underwear every month.
              FTFY

Comment

Working...
              X