• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still want that Tesla?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still want that Tesla?

The software still needs a bit of work, it seems.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rs-seat-police
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Modern cars have sensors that detect if anyone is sitting in a front seat. So why would the Tesla self drive without someone sitting in the drivers seat?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

the driver ran away????

I know Texans can be a bit dim, but if they can afford a Tesla you'd have to assume above average intelligence.
      And who on earth is going to get out of the driver seat, whilst the car is moving, to get in the back, or the passenger seat.

I'd go with the Texan police being a bit moronic here. That's the Occam's razor explanation.

Let's see what Tesla get from the black box...
      Last edited by Lance; 19 April 2021, 09:26.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Its culling the stupid, I say let us subsidise them! So much good to be done.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          the driver ran away????
          I know Texans can be a bit dim, but if they can afford a Tesla you'd have to assume above average intelligence.
          That might be a bad assumption, im reminded by this quote from Gordon Gekko:

"The richest one percent of this country owns half the country's wealth: 50 trillion dollars*. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds of it comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulation to widows and idiot sons and what I do -- stock and real estate speculation. It's bulltulip." -- Gordon Gekko

*I have adjusted the 50 trillion for inflation, in the 1986 film it was just $5 trillion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

That might be a bad assumption, im reminded by this quote from Gordon Gekko:

"The richest one percent of this country owns half the country's wealth: 50 trillion dollars*. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds of it comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulation to widows and idiot sons and what I do -- stock and real estate speculation. It's bulltulip." -- Gordon Gekko

*I have adjusted the 50 trillion for inflation, in the 1986 film it was just $5 trillion.
            Yes we are so much better off if the government not only taxes us when we generate our wealth but also takes all of it after we die so our offspring are left with nothing. That's so much better of an incentive to slave away our entire lives trading years for money/wealth and trying to build something only to give it all to the government and leave our kids with nothing.

I swear sometimes I think I am on a communist site rather than a site for contractors (doesn't get any more capitalist than a contractor)

Comment

Didn't Elon tweet out that accident rate is 1/10 that of normal automobile accident rate... I hate the world right now, it's all about stories no longer about facts and statistics. Math is too difficult for people.

Comment

I dunno. If you stick a sack of spuds on the driving seat won't the car assume the driver is sitting there?

Comment

The auto driving, stay in your lane, thing is disturbing. I don't feel comfortable when it is on.

It's like a 3rd year CS project with a rasberry pie steering a lego truck round a classroom. Straying and jerking along the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
                    I dunno. If you stick a sack of spuds on the driving seat won't the car assume the driver is sitting there?
                    Oh that made me chuckle

Blow up doll added for more realism.

Comment

Working...
                    X