• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duke of Edinburgh RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I'm sure I remember in the 80s there were loads of TV programmes about the BBC readiness and what they'll do with Betty carks it. I doubt they'll have updated it much, and I expect at the back end of the month there will be plenty of non-journalism on the subject.
    I had a short gig at BBC News Online, as it was then called, in 1999 and came across the folder of ready-prepared pages for the Queen Mother. The permies told me Diana's death had been an absolute nightmare for them - the news website was still very new, unlike TV and radio they had no plans in place yet for that kind of thing, and quite a few of the people who got called in had been spending that Saturday night out on the town and were very pissed

Comment

Now he won't know how "The Crown" will finish next season

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You'd think this is a dead cert for the 'Widowhood effect' where the surviving partner passes very soon after. Sometimes called 'dying of a broken heart'. Could be very different because of the lifestyle they both had where it's too full of engagements to have the same impact of where an elderly couple live on their own and rely on each other.

I'd hate for that to happen but I bet there will be a lot of plans kicking off in the background.
        Old Queen Vic managed to keep on going for another 40 years after her beloved Albert popped his clogs.

She is made of stern stuff is Liz.

qh
        Last edited by quackhandle; 11 April 2021, 12:40.
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I had a short gig at BBC News Online, as it was then called, in 1999 and came across the folder of ready-prepared pages for the Queen Mother. The permies told me Diana's death had been an absolute nightmare for them - the news website was still very new, unlike TV and radio they had no plans in place yet for that kind of thing, and quite a few of the people who got called in had been spending that Saturday night out on the town and were very pissed
          Apparently they don't do any practice for minor Royals.

They just have dossiers they update regularly for the monarch, monarch's spouse, heir and heir's heir.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X