• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duke of Edinburgh RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Charles and Camilla's wedding anniversary today. Whatever you may think of the royals, having your Dad die on your wedding anniversary is pretty harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I'd hate for that to happen but I bet there will be a lot of bets taking place in the background.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Just bill it. I billed for Princess Di's funeral even though I did absolutely ***k all for the entire day.
        Were I not retired I would bill for his funeral and for Lizzie's
        So how does that work. Do you just send the bill into the palace and they pay you or what? I'm imagining some kind of furlough type scheme?

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It's Charles and Camilla's wedding anniversary today. Whatever you may think of the royals, having your Dad die on your wedding anniversary is pretty harsh.
        I'm not sure he was overly fond of his son or that it Charly was fond of his dad. I don't think they were exactly close. I don't know how he felt about Camilla - but by the accounts of people I know who've met her, she's a right snobby cow.

I can see the Sylvie Krin in Private Eye next issue - Charles in the bath and on the radio come the announcement that a great one has passed. The throne will never be the same....

I think he was cool. But I've seen all current series of the crown so I know the true factual history.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

But did he die of COVID, from COVID or because he just had the AZ vac - i.e. old age? A thousand conspiracy theorists will want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            I'm feeling a bit sad for the people of Vanuatu, in the Pacific Ocean, who worship him as their god.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...hilip-10370779
            Will they be worshipping Prince Edward next? As he is suppose to be the new DoE.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I'm sure I remember in the 80s there were loads of TV programmes about the BBC readiness and what they'll do with Betty carks it. I doubt they'll have updated it much, and I expect at the back end of the month there will be plenty of non-journalism on the subject.
              Don't worry all the media outlets have been practicing regularly for the DoE, Her Maj and Prince Charles deaths.

When DoE died yesterday I was listening to the radio and it went very smoothly. They changed who was hosting the next shows but they were all prepared including the ones doing the outside broadcasts.

Comment

Didn't the DoE once say he'd like to come back in the next life as a deadly virus and whittle the world's population down a bit?

Well come on Phil, with this Covid floating around, now's your chance!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Didn't the DoE once say he'd like to come back in the next life as a deadly virus and whittle the world's population down a bit?

Well come on Phil, with this Covid floating around, now's your chance!
                  A virus whose main target is old white men?

Clearly didn't like some of the people he met during his life of public service....

Comment

I think we should put him on Britannia and throw burning torches on the deck as we push it out to the North Sea.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Will they be worshipping Prince Edward next? As he is suppose to be the new DoE.
                      Nope the good folk will be worshipping Prince Charles.

Comment

Working...
                      X