• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Astra Zenica and the snowflake generation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

100 mln+ people had Pfizer by now, a lot more than Astra Zeneca - they just successfully tested it in kids, if blod clots are more likely in younger for Astra Zeneca, then no chance it will be given to kids, finding out what causes rare clots could be way too expensive to bother.

Astra Zeneca completely ****ed it up with ****ed up trials and now it's clear they (UK Govt) were hiding blood clots while EU had serious concerns about it.

This looks very bad.

Sputnik/Sino stuff I don't even consider
    I hope you don't take painkillers....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I prefer to cause pain

Comment

Astra Zeneca completely ****ed it up with ****ed up trials and now it's clear they (UK Govt) were hiding blood clots while EU had serious concerns about it.
        You get that from the Wail? I think big pharma is ganging up on the no profit alternative for commercial reasons and no issues were hidden but very well might be for the big profit vaccines

Comment

100 mln+ people had Pfizer by now, a lot more than Astra Zeneca - they just successfully tested it in kids, if blod clots are more likely in younger for Astra Zeneca, then no chance it will be given to kids, finding out what causes rare clots could be way too expensive to bother.

This looks very bad.

Sputnik/Sino stuff I don't even consider
          And yet no-one has batted an eyelid at women taking the pill for years which has a ~1/1000 chance of causing blood clots.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
            You get that from the Wail? I think big pharma is ganging up on the no profit alternative for commercial reasons and no issues were hidden but very well might be for the big profit vaccines
            Pfizer costs 10 times more than Astra Zeneca... whole 30 bucks per shot!

Astra is a short term (better than nothing) fix, its efficacy is nowhere near Pfizers (or Moderna's) - keeping people out of hospital AND preventing spreading infections is the only way that can stop Covid.

Comment

My point is that they didn't know about blood clots at the beginning with AZ so what else could come out of the woodwork - maybe in 6 months or 6 years time? that even they don't know about.

Comment

Astra Zeneca is done for now
                Hello Sputnik V

Comment

I had the AstraZenica vaccine last week. I guess I won't have to worry about running out of money in retirement now.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Indeed! Or any other life saving drugs most of the ones I'm on have 1/100 chance of ending up in hospital! It's risk proportionality and in most safety cases <1/1000000 is as far as they go in preventing death (it can be lower if the cost is prohibitive)
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                      I had the AstraZenica vaccine last week. I guess I won't have to worry about running out of money in retirement now.
                      You only have 2 weeks to wait....

And if you have 4 days of headache or strange bruising take yourself to A&E.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X